Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

30kpps scanner and DAC demonstrating Winamp oscilloscope

Benm

Just did a couple of test runs.. it looks better in person than on the videos really.

For some reason the abs file did not activate/blank the lasers though, so you see some scanning in the reverse direction when the mirror moves back... still a nice effect though, gotta project that onto a building sometime :)

YouTube - Laser scope

YouTube - Laser scope 2

second one looks yellow in person, camera mucked that up.

Really nice! You could try to play around with color settings in LFI to get blanking working properly. Or "Blanking" in abstract control panel.

Thought have actually struck me to project it on ground (I live on 4:th floor) from balcony, that would look awesome on a dark night!

You're right, videos doesn't do it justice. It looks way better in person.

Last edited:

Benm

I think it will look better when i slow the horizontal sweep down a bit, but its a very simple thing that gives a nice result.

For blanking: I didnt feel like fiddling for options so i just yanked the driver input(s) high.

Really nice! You could try to play around with color settings in LFI to get blanking working properly. Or "Blanking" in abstract control panel.

Thought have actually struck me to project it on ground (I live on 4:th floor) from balcony, that would look awesome on a dark night!

You're right, videos doesn't do it justice. It looks way better in person.
Looks like a great scanner. Does it have ILDA support?

Btw morjesta.

Thanks! Scanner is wired according to ILDA standard, like the DAC I'm using aswell.

Morjens! :)

Benm

I circumvented ILDA for the modulation, but its analog on my projector. The lack of blanking isn't that big a deal for this project though - you can see a faint return swipe, but its fast enough not to be really annoying.

It would be really cool to get triggering on in though... and even better if you could use red for right and green for left channel audio. That'd be a complex piece of software though, since you must control blanking, and alternate the sweeps between channels, just as you do on a real scope.

With EzAudDac it shouldn't be that hard to accomplish diffrent colors with blanking and all. I'm just not sure if it's possible to intergrate it in a plugin and run it in winamp.

I bet there is a bunch of examples on how to get level triggering to work online...

I will look deeper into this once I've reinstalled windows and gotten visual studio to work again. Right now I'm just enjoying summer, gotta love the summers in Finland! :D
And we're right in middle moving to a diffrent city so that might delay things aswell.