Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

30 mw Romisen from DX

Greebo

Anyone have one of the 30mW Romisen L-B030 Green Laser with GITD Tail (CR123A) from DX? (sku.10557)
Was thinking of getting one, but need a bit more info first on build quality, if it has a clicky on/off switch ect. Theres not a lot of info on the DX web site.

Cheers.

DX don't have much info about the products they sell... Suppliers say something they'll say it and sell it as the supplier says, wait for a review here or something, they don't know jack about lasers, I'd be less polite if i was this kind of guy but i'm not so I'm trying to stay polite with dx cause so far i've always received what i expected for, cause i've always waited for reviews before buying something from them. The things they sell are cheap, so you can imagine the manufacturer pays even less to produce them... don't expect something too great, nothings magic, you get what you pay for, but honestly for that price if you don't expect too much you won t be disappointed either :) i love my dx30.

I bought it a while ago and will post a review once i receive it. Its my first green so ;D but that means I don't have any other greens to compare its power with.

How much brighter will it be than my sony diode @ 200ma?

And a question about dx, should i anticipate its arrival based on the date dx says it shipped or on the date HK post says it shipped cuz theres about 10 days delay between the two :eek:

HK post.

About 2-3x brighter if its giving 30mW. Greebo, spend your money on more power, not more of the same power. I'd advise the True 50 for next step, should give a balloon pop and maybe a match with a lens.

Greebo

Thanx guys. The only reason i'm thinking of getting it is caus I dropped my 30 mw green pointer and now having problems with it. :( The pics on the DX site look decent, as the driver module looks easy enough to remove and replace. It also looks like it has a "clicky" on off switch.

I had the same sort of wait when I got the 30 mw from DX. there was a 4-5 day wait between when DX said it was shipped, and HK post tracking said it was shipped. This was just b4 Christmass tho. It arrived about 2 weeks after HK said it was shipped. (I was convinced that Australian customs had gotten hold of it. lol)