Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 watt culminating lense

Not sure if this is in the right place, but I was wondering what others would suggest a good lens for a 3 watt 808nm TO3 mount?

I don't have any experience in 3 watt focusing, just small stuff like Aixiz modules and the likes, any info would be appreciated.

Sometime ago I was building a TO-3 808nm 2W diode and as I had no lens, I used an crystal aixiz 650nm in a custom assembly, no problems though. Lens didn't warmed much, so I thought that it was ok. Laser was for a friend's CNC and still working...

Thanks for the response magonegro!

That sounds easy and cheap. I'm thinking use a blank module head to put a set of threads that will hold the axixz lens on the diode and jb welding the module head to the diode.
Do you have any other suggestions on how you set up the aixiz lens?

That's what I did, I cut off the back of the Aixiz module, the part where the diode inserts, and then glued it to the diode with thermal glue. Remember to attach a good heatsink to the diode for proper operation, for sure it has inside a C-mount type emitter, like mine did.