Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2nd Blu-ray in nicer flashlight host w/ pics

bcroft

i got the yellow, thats all they had. yea i tried to put those rubber things back in but they wouldnt stay and the battery didnt give enough room, so mines not water proof either. it didnt come with a case, the yellow only has 1 LED, yours came with 3 right?

bcroft said:
i got the yellow, thats all they had.  yea i tried to put those rubber things back in but they wouldnt stay and the battery didnt give enough room, so mines not water proof either.  it didnt come with a case,  the yellow only has 1 LED, yours came with 3 right?

Yes mine had 3 LEDS and it just made it slightly more difficult to drill the hole for the Aixiz mod centered. I threw away the rubber seals because I was too lazy and knew I would never take it in the rain. But I think if you really wanted to you could make it waterproof, but you would have to grind some of the case exposed to fit the battery, and then fiberglass over it. Sounds more complicated than it is.

BTW the circuit that came with it measured at ~86mA.

bcroft

hmm, thats good to know. i bet mine is diff cause i had the 1 LED. how does your bat fit? nice and tight or can it wiggle? i dont like how i have to squeeze mine in

bcroft said:
hmm, thats good to know.  i bet mine is diff cause i had the 1 LED.  how does your bat fit?  nice and tight or can it wiggle?  i dont like how i have to squeeze mine in

Battery is very tight. I actually have to screw it together to "compress" the thing. But I dislike project boxes so much and I like the look and feel of holding this one. Shouldn't have to change the battery very often though, since its pretty low current. If you are worried though, you can get those high capacity 9V made for Smoke alarms.