Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2AA batteries enough?

First, can i say hello to everyone here. ":bowdown:HELLO" :bowdown:
I've been lurking around here for a few weeks, filling my head with as much knowledge as possible so i can avoiding having too many questions when i start my first build.
I am thinking of building a red burner pointer, and have got all the bits i need to build it, and ive got a torch host that takes 2xAA but i'm not sure if 2xAA's will be enough to power this board?

LM358 Constant Current Driver, 3.5 -5.0V - V2 - Detailed item view - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop

other than that i think i know what i'm doing? :wave:

I have to say, this forum is great! it has filled quite a few hours over the last few days.
Also, random link: Homemade Resistor Disc - Or How to Make Any 6v/7.2v Mod into ~5v Modularly

Im thinking of trying this. just wondered what people think...

Last edited:

Does anyone know if that driver can run off 2 AA batteries? I may just test it myself...well, I will test it anyway.... but. Well you know...

djQUAN

It's the same as those used in red and green pen lasers. Output current at the high range will be limited though

Your better using a dummy AA battery spacer and a single 3.7v lithium ion AA battery higher voltage will do the trick. i do it with my AA eBay pens and AAA eBay pens no problems and you get higher output about 15% at least

Last edited:
That's brilliant! :wave:
Thanks guys. I've noticed the axis housing is about the same height as a AA, so I reckon I can work the length into the battery compartment. I don't know how yet as I broke the spacer I made to hold the housing...:oops:

bah! I will work it out.

Thanks again anyway. I'll post some pics when I bodge it all together... :)