Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

250mW diodes on Ebay?

Hi there,

Was wonderig, since the Senkat diodes have a bad batch running.

Has anyone bought diodes from this source:

cgi.ebay.com/Lot-3-250mW-650nm-Red-High-Power-burning-Laser-Diode_W0QQitemZ280199696321QQihZ018QQcategoryZ53141QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

and are these diodes any good?

Would like to know fast as he seems to have a sale going at 10% off - which ends in 3 days, stil rather steep, but I prefer good diodes.

Thanks,
Steve

PS sorry bout the cut link, I'm not allowed to post links yet it seems.

Nobody got a clue on this one?

This seller both sells SLD1236VL and SLD1239JL diodes

The SLD1236VL diodes are cheaper and those are the ones that people where so happy with, no?

I wouldn't be surprised that senkat got his diodes from this guy, as he sells them in bulk quantities to, and both the good and bad ones. Actually the SLD1239JL diodes are more expensive from this guy, so maybe senkat figured they would perform better, but they don't...

Anyone?

Steve

Well, ordered 3 diodes here anyways. The offer clearly states they are SLD1236VL diodes, so we'll see what arrives in a few weeks from now.

Steve

i think user wannaburn on this forum is the one selling those...

leme check the link, Im not sure...

SenKat gets his diodes direct from the distributor.. and if you want 250mw the only way is an open can.

BlueFusion said:
SenKat gets his diodes direct from the distributor.. and if you want 250mw the only way is an open can.

I only said that because that guy on Ebay seems to sell both varieties that SenKat sold of his site. I understand that it's impossible to reach 250mW with a canned diode for any length of time, the ones offered state 240mW pulsed actually and they are SLD1236VL according to the offer. Which are to my understanding the diodes SenKat sold that everybody seemed to get great results from, before he started selling SLD1239JL diodes instead, which seem to have less good specs for CW drive.

Maybe I'm completely missing the ball here, if that's the case, blame it on me being new to all this.

Thanks for your time,
Steve

BlueFusion said:
VL = good
JL = bad
Senkat = awesome guy
ebay lasers = crap
pulsed = tricky

i donno man, ive had some good ebay lasers, none of them were china sellers tho....

BlueFusion said:
VL = good
JL = bad
Senkat = awesome guy
ebay lasers = crap
pulsed = tricky

I just hope these are really VL (=good), they sell for less than his JL diodes...

all feedback he got is possitive, so... maybe he only sells to clueless people

Steve

Maxpowa said:
[quote author=BlueFusion link=1202926568/0#6 date=1203336562]VL = good
JL = bad
Senkat = awesome guy
ebay lasers = crap
pulsed = tricky

I just hope these are really VL (=good), they sell for less than his JL diodes...

all feedback he got is possitive, so... maybe he only sells to clueless people

Steve[/quote]

the JL's are rated higher CW than the VL, but the VL can be pushed to where we want it. thats why the VL is good, and JL is bad. because of specs the JL can sell for more

correct me if im wrong,

amk

chido

You're right amk, even though the JL is rated for 100mW cw and makes it look more powerful than the VL, it's only rated for 180mW pulsed which makes the diode weaker compared to the VL. IMO
The VL is rated at only 80mW cw, but it's also rated at 250mW pulsed which I think makes up for the 20mW in cw lost against the JL and even more.