Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"200mW" Green Laser Pen from DealPerfect - Detailed Review

I'm quite interested in this laser, do you think it's suitable for me whose looking for a green burning laser that's below SGD $200?

Well that's a bit difficult to say.. I've got a similar "200"mW pen from DealExtreme and I find it very difficult to light matches. It's only possible after focusing the beam with a magnifying glass and after several seconds of steady lighting.

I think a lot of the burning capabilty from this laser comes from the "sweet spot" like styropyro mentioned and since my DX pen doesn't have such a spot, it reduces the effective burning power. It does pop balloons and burn dark materials pretty easy though. Whether styropyro just got lucky with the sweet spot or whether it's a specific DealPerfect thing I don't know...

1Nick

the video says 100mw but the laser is the 200mw model...what the hell!?

the video says 100mw but the laser is the 200mw model...what the hell!?

Did you read the review? Styropyro said that the laser is underpowered and the actual power is closer to 100mW. I think that's why he called it the "100mW" version in the video.

BTW, I also received this laser last week and found it to be underpowered compared to the 200mW pen from DealExtreme that I already owned. It did have the "sweetspot" that Styro mentioned, but as a result the laser also has terrible divergence, which is really noticable at longer distances. Also, the side button from the DP laser feels a lot looser and wobblier compared to the one from DX and you have to press it quite hard to get the laser to work. I may just have gotten a bad laser and others may perform better, but in my experience I'm definately more satisfied with the one from DealExtreme.

Benm

I never saw a sweet spots without beam expander.

Oh, some lasers do have it. I suppose its a design choice really - configure the optics to give a sweet spot at some particular distance, or go for a diverging beam.

If it is not glued stuck, you can alter it by moving the final lens inwards to yield a divergent beam without a waist.