Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW Green Focus Adjustable Laser from BudgetGadgets - Detailed Review

dont you live in the USA? how are you able to get a 200mw green shipped to you since the box clearly says "200mw" on it.

200mW could refer to many things other than the output of a laser; unless the customs declaration listed it as a laser, it's unlikely that the "200mW" reference received as much as a second thought.

ppctx

No need to start a new thread so..

I just received the same host for BudgetGadgets this afternoon, accidentally ordered the blue/violet 200mw instead of the 532nm.

Damm thing only meters at 70mw peak using the supplied battery, 3v, that tested at ~3.02 volts. Put in a 3.912v rcr123 and power maxed at 80mw. I've emailed them about this (and the fact that it came with a 532nm warning label on it, scary if your expecting green). We'll see how their customer service is.

They list the blue/violet at 450nm but I think its really the 445nm as it displays the same bar shaped dot as all the rest. Focus ring is super sensitive, can get it down to a small pin point but too sensitive and too easy to defocus for my liking.

Reordered the green version about a week after ordering the blue/violet, hopefully it has a more reasonable power output.

DrSid

445 at 70mW output seems very unlikely. It will be 405nm IMHO.

ppctx

You’re right. To the naked eye, the dot has the same starburst effect of my 405 pen but have never looked at my 445 indoors without shades. Night outside now, dot looks very much like the 405, beam is not very visible, 445, although MUCH stronger, is very visible. The less than pin focused dot, bar beam would be odd then.

I'd probably be ok with the accidental purchase if BudgetGadgets would send the 200mw (~) I paid for.

DrSid

Well .. I have 200mW green from DX which give 170 .. which is great, for the price .. and another 200mW from FocalPrice, which give 35mW .. which is not so great. It's just lottery.

this is a sensational deal styro has a great review and its beam is amazing and burning capabilities are great for a greenie and my friend has one and measured with lpm...201w 215 max pretty good eh saving up money for one now!

Machro

I got the same laser in the 50mw version but it runs on TEM01 , bad divergence , broken focus knob and so on .
Why ? :(