Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2000mw laser?

I think its manageable in $1500 for a ~2W green handheld if executed properly. That said, no way in hell does anyone need a 2W green.

--

Generally companies with little noted sales are 50/50. Id go with laserbtb if I were you, I'm quite happy with their stuff.

NO4H99

I'd kill for that laser :). I think 1.2w is the biggest I've ever seen in a handheld.

BTW, I think everyone needs a 2w greenie. We'd have daytime astronomy pointers - you could point at the sun and see the beam just fine. Or you could use it as a presentation pointer - if you're on the ISS and your presentation is on earth. You'd just need one off those Chinese sites that advertise .0001 mrad divergence.:D

No just no. It's bad enough that house hold jackasses can get a 1w blue. A green 2w commercially available? The FDA would get us for sure.

^
Regardless of being a joke or not that's a frightening thought.

...I wonder if I can actually get that done... 2x 1W CNI modules combined with a PBS... $1500 might be spot on...

It wasn't a joke. 100% seriously I believe no one needs a laser of that power. That's too strong for the average house hold jackass.

NO4H99

Is this a group buy? Put me down for 2 :D
(I'll have to sell the car but its worth it)

You need to calm down, sir :p

There'd be too many steps in this to make it a GB. Alignment would also be a major pain... a GB would likely just increase order quantity and frustration. This'd be a single order if ever attempted.

You're referencing a labby there. While portable, I'd rather have it battery powered.

I should stop dreaming-- this is by no means a project that anyone should just tackle for fun.