Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$20 Romisen laser from DX

Switch

I was thinking about getting this laser with these batteries and I was wondering if these batteries are gonna go well with this laser (protected cells, do they fit? 4.2V ok?) And I'm also looking for a good cheap charger that anyone could recomend(from DX).Keep in mind that I live in Europe and have 220V outlets.
Any input will be appreciated :p

Razako

Re: $20 Romisen laser from SX

You should get the trustfire Cr123A batteries because they are approximately 1/10 inch shorter and will fit better in the laser. If you want a perfect fit you should get the unprotected rechargeables.

Yeah i have this laser with the trustfire protected and it ALMOST closes.

Switch

Switch said:
How long have you been using it? And do you have 220V outlets? I read a lot of reviews about dx chargers blowing up after a month being pluged at 220V.

I have been using it for about 3 months but I am using it in the US so 110V, but I recommended it because it said in the description "Works worldwide (AC 100~240V)" so it is rated 20v over your outlets. I just like it because it has dual charging channels which is good for me because I use many different batteries and sometimes want to charge two different types at the same time. Also it stops charging around 4v and then moves to a trickle after that when the lights turn green. So I don't have to worry about damaging things that are rated for 4volts. It feels a little cheap, but for under $10 dollars I don't think you can beat it.

Also if you read the reviews there are a lot of people from europe who are reviewing it from 1 week to a month, so it will at least last that long.

There may be other chargers that better suit your needs but I like this one just because it is so versatile.