Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

2 New Lasers

Atlasnova 532nm 34.7mw Chrome Green

532nm.jpg

Atlasnova 635nm <5mw Black Red

635nm.jpg

Neo

Cool!! Congrats on the new lasers!!!

Do youself a favor - if you have the urge to mod them, buy a couple of cheap leadlights (http://www.luckyduck.com/basement) and work on those instead. I wouldn't mess with one putting out 35 mW (that's 7 times as powerful as a standard 5mW !!!!). That should go in the "Trophy Case".

Also, I am not an expert in red lasers, but I thought most beams were slightly oval (referring to your other post).

But, if you aren't happy with it for any reason, get an RMA and return it for a replacement. I've heard AtlasNova has really good customer service. Don't wait or mess around with it because something could happen to void the warranty...

Yeah, the circularization method for the atlasnova 635nms is the same as on those pulsar 150s, and will make the beam look somewhat oval, though its really a circle with higher intensity across a diameter.

Okay - I didn't realize the red was only 5mw....I recall you writting it the other day - but it escaped my brain some how...Since I have been dealing with mostly higher power reds and greens lately, I am not certain how much brighter the 635nm would be at only 5mw....I guess I would have to see a true 5mw 650nm next to it to compare properly. Sorry if I gave out bum info or ideas in the previous thread....BUT - I DO stand by - if you are not happy with it, return it ;) What did the 34.7mw one set you back ? Is it hte CPF "special" if so - I saw the price...They look sharp as hell, though I tell you that ! I think those metal cases (yeah - big whoop, right ?) are very nice, compared to some of the cardboard boxes I have seen others packaged in.

Back