Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

125mw fusion isnt as powerful as it should be?

I feel like my fusion isnt burning as well as it should be. I ve seen videos of other fusions burning and it looks much more powerful. I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I even have the wicken laser cap set and it doesnt seem to burn any better than unaided.

does anyone else have a fusion and want to give me a few tests to burn and see how mine stacks up?

S

SenKat

I do not own a fusion - but try lighting a sharpie (black) colored match - if that does not work, hten request your laser to be replaced.

How fast does it take to light a match without the caps? A fusion should be able to do that REALLY fast. We've been hearing about a lot of bad fusions lately so if this one is a bad one RMA it for a good one.

Just a guess, but how are you using the cap set? it isn't a magical attachment that makes the laser more powerful. What you need to do is find the focus, where the dot becomes the smallest, and at that precise point burning should be very good. That point is, I believe ~2 inches from the front of the cap.

Using the cap set at almost anywhere except the focus will make burning worse.

P

Placebo

tecnikal said:
what does RMA mean?

Like many companies, Wicked requires that you obtain authorization from them before returning your merchandise. This is called a Returned Merchandise Authorization or RMA.

You'll see the term used around these forums in reference to any aspect of returning a laser. For example: "So, are you going to RMA?" or "I RMA'd 15 times and still get only 2.7mW"