Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW Green Pen Build

Laik

Hey guys hows it goin? I have just made a 100mW green laser. I ordered a 100mW module off ebay, it seems to be about 100mW and i put in in a pen host i had laying around. This module came in one of those bumpy tube looking heatsink things which was a bonus 532nm 100mw Industrial/Green Laser module/3.0-3.7V/Thick Laser Beam | eBay and it came with this heatsink even though it didn't say it would 10pcs Laser Module Heat Sink for ?12mm Laser Module/Aluminum Heatsink Ring | eBay I just had a pen host lying around (you can get it from here DIY/Test Laser Penstlye Hosts/For 12x60mm Laser Module | eBay ) so i thought i would chuck it in there ( i know it doesnt have any heatsinking, he won't be using it for very long and i told him if it gets warm, then let it cool off) I paid about $45 AUD to make this and I am selling it to him for $90. People will say this price is too high, but the more money he spends on it, the more he will value it and respect it, he is not the most smart kid (he is 15 so he stirs people up he is not very smart as in school work and please don't tell me i am making a bad decision on selling it to him, i think he is responsible enough to own one. If he misuses it ill just go ape on him). So back to the paying more thing, the more he pays the more he will respect it. Would you rather lose $5 or $100? I will post pics and beam shots when i got home from school. Have a great day!