Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100 mw green rayfoss laser issue

hey everyone.

i just received my RF532-B03 100 mw greenie from rayfoss yesterday.

however, when i took the focusing ring off and shined the laser on the wall straight through the lens (unfocused and a large dot), there seemed to be something just absurd going on.

the diode seems to be turning on fine in one straight beam, then after about a second it diverges off to the side and creates a weird shape and for sure reducing power. looking at the lens with the focus ring off (not directly into the lens, just the inner sidewalls, with goggles on) it is clearly visible that the green dot shifts and is hitting the inner sidewall of the lens.

upon removal of the lens, it is indeed an issue with the diode-its still happening.

http://youtu.be/gUz_nU12-20

you might not be able to see it very well in the video, but after the beam messes up its a large horseshoe shaped dot with a rectangular shaped figure on the top of the horseshoe.

if anyone knows what i could do without replacing the diode it would be appreciated!

Last edited:

ped

Thats running in TEM20 or 21 , over driven crystals or thier defective.. not much you can do unless you back the power off.