Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 watt 808 came in

k-9

yes after almost a month it came in :D now the fun willstart here some pics oh i like how the label said diode sample hahahahaha
laserpix005.jpg

laserpix004.jpg

laserpix006.jpg

laserpix007.jpg

You orderd from snoctony didnt you? I recognise the slow shipping, packaging, and handwriting. (you prolly paid 15-20 bucks for shipping too huh?)

He just started selling these IR's (1 watt) in TO-5 packages, which would fit in certain modules.

post some pics of your baby in action!

regards,

amk

disma

if you look close, youll see its actually a cmount in to-3 case... :D I love mine! but mines the 2 watt version.

Max

disma said:
if you look close, youll see its actually a cmount in to-3 case...  :D I love mine! but mines the 2 watt version.

Max

I did see the TO-3 in C-mount, but still, TO-5 is betta! its smaller...

regards,

amk

disma

ya, if thats what you want is a small one, I like the ability to mount the diode real easyly. on lotsa different heat sinks, to-3 is so easy to set up compared to having to have the right case to put it in. (flashlight, whatnot.) :)

Max

disma said:
ya, if thats what you want is a small one, I like the ability to mount the diode real easyly. on lotsa different heat sinks, to-3 is so easy to set up compared to having to have the right case to put it in. (flashlight, whatnot.) :)

Max

but then how do you focus, and where do you mount? I am interested, yet Im not familiar with diodes that you cant push into modules that focus it...

disma

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1196561676

I used an old rabit transmitter case, jbwelded a lens mount from a cvs camera to the side, with a hole drilled in it, actually, 3 holes drilled in it, 2 to hold up the diode, and the third for the laser aperture, on the back on the to-3 is an l shaped peice of alluminum for a heatsink. I built this in about 3 hours, the hard part was centering the ir beam into the lens, but it turned out awesome! :D

Max