Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

How to Register on LPF | LPF Donations

Recent content by Paulostool

  1. P

    Mech Modding in 2026

    Placed two 300ma 7135’s into a board with some decoupling caps, wrapped everything in a layer of kapten and fitted into the heatsink reamed to size. The heatsink and “focus” ring are isolated from both the module and base adapter for reducing short risks. As always with yellows, it looks green...
  2. P

    Mech Modding in 2026

    Tapped and cut a piece of polycarbonate tube, hammered very easily into the 24mm adapter but the heatsink did not screw until the end. After a little sanding it now fits perfectly without any movement. 571nm module and some custom 7135 boards are ready to be installed soon.
  3. P

    Mech Modding in 2026

    Also got extra heatsinks this week for the DPSS range that I’m planning: - 532nm - 545nm - 560nm - 573nm - 591nm (or was the module 589? Dunno) Those will be based on a 24mm “heatsink” adapter that matches my battery diameter. Used this same heatsink to make a 510 thread > Convoy S2+ head...
  4. P

    Mech Modding in 2026

    Thanks DTR! All to try matching the heatsinks I got from your shop! Now the collection is composed of: - 405nm - 450nm - 483nm - 494nm - 513nm - 637nm Planning to fill this 7th spot here with 660 or 670nm (if I get an extra adapter) and the 8th with a slimmer battery. Unfortunately my custom...
  5. P

    Mech Modding in 2026

    Got some mech adapters from jnrpop but I needed a battery. I wanted something really short, so decided to start with 18350 host. To match the finish of the heatsinks I choose a Stainless Steel Convoy S7, got some connectors to fit in and ground the head until it got around 7cm total length...
  6. P

    Sumitomo RGB-One & SFLU-003... Help

    Any images of the parts?
  7. P

    Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

    Francis was not the fastest to reply my emails but he always did! I even had a smooth Challenger sent back to china to be replaced with an engraved one, it took months but the replacement unit eventually arrived pristine.
  8. P

    Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

    Sanwu do advertise 700lm for 5W and 1000lm for 7W 445nm, and 10w as the maximum power. This would be 140lm/W, not sure if true
  9. P

    425nm build (GH04I01A2G)

    A lot more purple-ish, but still noticeable bluer than 420nm. For me 420nm is almost as violet as 405 but a lot more visible, 425nm is still not blue but it already start looking more like a 430/440nm that still have some purple hints. On 450nm I really don’t see any purple anymore. Another...
  10. P

    425nm build (GH04I01A2G)

    I’m always testing the modified drivers with a scope before wiring a LD. The 2A, 4A and 5A boost drivers all looks good! I cannot say the same about the buck drivers, already fried a double emitter red with an unmodified driver and never got to trust on them again. The convoys 7135 drivers are...
  11. P

    425nm build (GH04I01A2G)

    Are you planning to mod the 2a boost driver? It comes with a 20mohm shunt for 2a, those have a inversely proportional relation. 40/X formula will give you the output current in amps with a Xmhom resistor. Expected output: 10mhom -> 4a 20mhom -> 2a 25mhom -> 1.6a 40mhom -> 1a After the...
  12. P

    Polyboost driver

    Some beam shots of the Kyocera SLD module with the Z1 22mm FL lens. I’m thinking if a shorter focal length could actually increase the “white laser” effect here by having a smaller initial beam diameter even if divergence increases… I’ll try to get rid of some of the spill with a black gasket
  13. P

    Anyone know what laser diode this is ? Possibly one of the mini arrays ?

    Holy shit, crazy to find this thread just now! Was googling for a ref on the Kyocera SLD that I just added to the poly beam collection where all other builds uses those micro arrays!
  14. P

    Polyboost driver

    One more Polyboost build still using a Convoy Z1 host. Probably the last one of this collection. This time it’s not exactly a laser but have two visible blue laser diodes aiming at a phosphorus layer: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/convoy-z1-lep-emitter/232819
  15. P

    Blue Tetra-beam Titanium/Copper build (15W?)

    Even cooler with a 5x expander! Thanks @Z80 Lasers!


Back
Top