the ebay listing says the number of units (lasers) sold so far is "14 units" so I was hoping one of those 14 customers was someone on this forum. I think I prefer a one-mode driver - just max power. Anyway, the seller has an overall very high rating which is good.
Anybody have this Barnett Unlimited laser?: Any thoughts?
Does anyone have any experience with this Barnett engraver/pointer kit? Any thoughts?
Thank you for your help.
Just to clarify:
1) You said "the m-140 makes a line 1/3 as long" Does this mean the M-140 beam is 1/3 as long as a NUBM44 beam when looking at the beam from the side at a distance? So the NUBM44 beam has a roughly 3 times longer reach into the sky?
2) At distances beyond roughly 100 -...
I am looking at JetLasers PLE-Pro Blue handheld lasers:
1) 445nm: 1W - 5W with divergence at 2mRad and 3mm beam diameter for all power levels.
2) 465nm: 1.4W - 3.5W with divergence at 2mRad and 2.5mm beam diameter for all power levels.
1) Does this mean that for a particular wavelength...
If and when it happens, thank you for working on it. Much appreciated.
My wish list would include:
1) a battery tube to fit 2x18650, and better yet, a 2x21700.
2) a head to fit a DTR 25mm module.
Yes, you are right about the smaller lower power diodes.
Eyeballing the 25mm DTR modules on DTR's site, I suspect there is not enough meat on the back half of the 25mm module at the inner threads to machine the outside diameter down to a bit more than 20mm.
Therefore, the other option is to...
True, but a 12mm module is nothing more than a very thin hollow shell with 1.5mm around the side (12mm - 9mm = 3mm, then divide by 2). So adding 4mm around the side would probably triple or quadruple the total mass around the side, especially as the diameter gets larger at the same time.
Survival Laser came out with an 20mm adapter for their smaller hosts but not the bigger S4X host.
I emailed Gary a few days ago about his heatsink dimensions; he's probably busy so maybe I'll try again later.
Sounds like you're busy which is always a good thing.
I initially asked you about heatsinks but I changed my mind so have edited this post.
I am thinking about a 3-piece host similar to the Survival Laser S4 host with 20mm adapter head, body, tailcap but larger:
1) battery tube...
About Survival Laser's color-anodized aluminum heatsinks, does anybody know:
1) total axial length
2) the large diameter of the flange
3) the smaller diameter of the body
4) flange axial thickness
The reason is to see if DTR's 20mm copper module has enough material to be machined down...