Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Kenom

i bought a purple kryton so i could throw in a 12x 405nm:angel:

michael.

WHEW! What a hectic week. I did FINALLY get a chance to get out and do some anodizing today and I'm VERY proud of the work that we did this time.

so speaking of a purple kryton, I believe that this is a good match wouldn't ya say? Now that the focus adapter matches the barrel itself, this bad boy will ship tomorrow or monday!
DSC00156.JPG

We also did these babies. I personally am particularly proud of this stellar beauty at the very very bottom of this picture.

DSC00153.JPG

I mean LOOK AT THAT DARK DARK BLUE! I had no idea that the blue I got could get that dark! I'm absolutely LOVING this one.

As a matter of fact, the blue marble in the middle there was even darker than the head on the blue fade, and I had to throw it back into the acid in order to leach out some of the color so you could actually see it was blue! The doggone thing was so dark, you really had to look hard to see that it was even a marble barrel at all!

Last edited:

Hey got my two barrels in the mail.....I'll look for the focus adapters here soon I hope as well.
The barrels are great looking and all the threading works just fine.
I am concerned about the attempt at engraving and how it left what looks like sanding marks on both the barrels!
I love the polishing job on them but both are marred where the engraving did not take!
How can I get just that area to a fine polish like the rest of the barrel? I don't have much equipment here for it, hopefully just some fine grit sand paper or......? It would just be nice to have a clean looking host. I wish I would have gotten the anodizing now...

IMG_5771.jpg
[/IMG]

Kenom

Hey got my two barrels in the mail.....I'll look for the focus adapters here soon I hope as well.
The barrels are great looking and all the threading works just fine.
I am concerned about the attempt at engraving and how it left what looks like sanding marks on both the barrels!
I love the polishing job on them but both are marred where the engraving did not take!
How can I get just that area to a fine polish like the rest of the barrel? I don't have much equipment here for it, hopefully just some fine grit sand paper or......? It would just be nice to have a clean looking host. I wish I would have gotten the anodizing now...

I will send you some mothers aluminum polish that will get all that gone. All you need to do is just get a cotton cloth and polish, polish, polish!

Last edited:

Kenom

It would just be nice to have a clean looking host. I wish I would have gotten the anodizing now...
]

Y'know, I'd be happy to anodize them for you.. I mean hell, I'm doing all the others, might as well add yers onto the list! Although it appears you've already got diodes and such in them and if that's the case, then it will be impossible without removing everything. Not to worry, I wasn't able to get to the post office with your focus adapters I forgot, so I'll just throw in the polish with those when they go out on monday.

Y'know, I'd be happy to anodize them for you.. I mean hell, I'm doing all the others, might as well add yers onto the list! Although it appears you've already got diodes and such in them and if that's the case, then it will be impossible without removing everything. Not to worry, I wasn't able to get to the post office with your focus adapters I forgot, so I'll just throw in the polish with those when they go out on monday.

Sounds good thanks for sending the polish as well....i'll try to take out the scratches.
I haven't yet put any electronics in them, just the end clicky and lens. I think that I will just keep them as is, after they are totally polished they will look nice.
:beer:

Hi Ken,
I also got an un-anodized barrrel.
I can see the attempted engraving on it. It would be nice to remove it.
Would you mind sending some of that polish to Flaminpyro on my behalf?
He's going to try to polish it up for me.

Kenom

Hi Ken,
I also got an un-anodized barrrel.
I can see the attempted engraving on it. It would be nice to remove it.
Would you mind sending some of that polish to Flaminpyro on my behalf?
He's going to try to polish it up for me.

Has he already got it or are you able to send it back to me, cause I've got all the necessary stuff to get rid of the engraving.

Anselm is modifying clickies for krytons I believe. Daguin also has some for his run of kryton builds he's selling. Daguin sent me a replacement for the switched that failed.

would you mind postin a pic of your switch. i have a real electronics shop here that sells them. i just need to know a basic idea of what is in it.

michael.

Basically just beefed up the switch by soldering alternate paths for current to run, instead of the (assuming) aluminum tiny spring. He's the thread that Anslem made -->http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/kryton-groove-duty-cycle-1a-switch-fix-inside-62364.html

Also just for personal builds im trying the McClicky switch from oveready.com

Wish I got in on this GB, I absolutely love those Anodize finishing jobs that Kenom is doing (i'm a complete sucker for those marble) They look Fantastic!!!!

Last edited:
Has he already got it or are you able to send it back to me, cause I've got all the necessary stuff to get rid of the engraving.

Hey Ken,
I'm sending it out to him tomorrow.
I will ask Jeff to PM you so you can tell him how to remove the engraving.
Was the switch you sent to me modified by Anselm?
Or do I need to order one from him?

thanks

Kenom

None of the switches that come with my kit are the modified ones. I just haven't got the time or resources at this time, to modify all these switches.

Daguin has offered the ones he has to me for a trade, and I am considering it, I just need to know how many barrels I have spare so I can do the trade.

Update on recent events:
I got the opportunity to take some pictures of the most recent anodizing I've done. I am absolutely having a blast with these. Each one turns out to be a complete work of art in and of itself and I love the artistic portion of this. Here is a picture of all the barrels I had anodized prior to tonight.

DS.JPG

Here is what I did tonight.

D%20%282%29.JPG

D%20%281%29.JPG

These are gorgeous barrels!

Baby blue, black and green. Each owner knows their own barrel when they see it. The baby blue and green were pretty unique as there was only one order for each so, if you ordered baby blue or green...here they are!