Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Asherz

barrels%20%287%29.JPG

barrels%20%2812%29.JPG

I absolutely love that matte dark grey one, I assume it's sandblasted? Looks badass :)

Last edited:

Kenom

I absolutely love that matte dark grey one, I assume it's sandblasted? Looks badass :)
It is sandblasted as well as the blue. It's actually much darker than in the picture.

Would Random Green / Blue with silver fade be more feasible?

No. We'll try the original color scheme on monday and report back, if it doesn't work, we'll just strip it and try again with a different color scheme

as soon as possible por favor!!!! i want to get a 12x going in that beast!!

michael.

OK, I'll get er' shipped asap.

to everyone else that is waiting, I've begun shipping barrels that have been done thus far. All the polished bares will ship on monday.

JLSE

No. We'll try the original color scheme on monday and report back, if it doesn't work, we'll just strip it and try again with a different color scheme

Be careful with stripping.. Every time you strip, you take away
from the surface.. To strip you need to remove the entire oxide layer
and can back yourself into a corner..

With a low tolerance on the LD mount, it can lose its grip after
a single stripping. You also lose some 'tightness' in the threading :eek:

Last edited:

Stripping is Kenom's Side job ;D

If that fancy color pallet doesnt work out well i wouldnt mind a sandblasted black. the nice gunmetal finish would be quite sexy.

Kenom

I'm not concerned about the diode pocket at all.. I've recently discovered that the diode pocket is entirely too small as it is, measuring in at 5.36mm and it's supposed to be 5.5mm. As a result of the small pocket, I've ruined a few laser diodes until I figured out that the pocket was WAY too small and take a exacto knife and cut out a small portion of the pocket until it reaches 5.5mm. Since the laser diodes are 5.6mm or slightly larger, 5.36mm is way too small and 5.5mm is perfect. I'll leave that up to you all to increase teh pocket diameter. Besides, I'm only stripping the exterior. It would be nice to remove some material from the threads anyway.. wish it was that simple. The stripper only removes about a millionth of an inch before it develops a film that the stripper can't get through.

I've had to spend a LOT of time polishing these barrels to a mirror finish or at least a consistent finish throughout or it will show up when it's anodized. I got one soo shiney, that I ended up staring at it for 20 minutes and marveling at how beautiful it was. It's then I've decided I want a chromed penis. :) Hehe, it's kind of a shame cause that finish then gets covered with teh dye and anodizing when I'm done.

Last edited:
im sure some would pay extra to see that chromed penis. might get some private back room action :D

I'm not concerned about the diode pocket at all.. I've recently discovered that the diode pocket is entirely too small as it is, measuring in at 5.36mm and it's supposed to be 5.5mm. As a result of the small pocket, I've ruined a few laser diodes until I figured out that the pocket was WAY too small and take a exacto knife and cut out a small portion of the pocket until it reaches 5.5mm. Since the laser diodes are 5.6mm or slightly larger, 5.36mm is way too small and 5.5mm is perfect. I'll leave that up to you all to increase teh pocket diameter.

Have you checked all of them to see if they are the same diode pocket size? Are you talking about using the exacto to cut the AL?

Last edited:

Kenom

they will ship today or this week. I just got news one of my co-workers broke his neck in a car accident on his way to work and is in need of someone to cover most of his shifts. Since it's a graveyard shift, the only thing I can really do is get all the packages ready to go and try to wake up before the post office closes and mail them.

Last edited:

Eugene

these hosts look great! i have my fingers crossed that there is one left after he finishes.. if not.. does anyone know where else i could get one? I have to get my hands on one of these bad boys!

Kenom

I've updated the spreadsheet with the list of barrels that will ship today.