Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Kenom

0e53e0b0.jpg

c3a046a7.jpg

63a327f4.jpg

559447e3.jpg

How ya like them apples Viper?

Last edited:

I am sorry, I've kinda dropped the ball on the delivery of the unanodized ones. I've been meaning to put together the packages and ship them off, I just keep forgetting. I will get on it A.S.A.P.

Will you be getting these out this week instead?

0e53e0b0.jpg

c3a046a7.jpg

63a327f4.jpg

559447e3.jpg

How ya like them apples Viper?

HOLY H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!!!!!!!!!

That host is looking like the exact green I wanted and looks perfect. If you can get the other one to look like it, I'll be a very happy laser enthusiast!

Eugene

hello. i love these host`s! are these still available on here somewhere? or maybe someone can give me some info o n where i can snag one or two? greatly appreciated! thank you in advance!

Kenom

donno if I have any more to spare until I finish anodizing and mailing them off.

tonight I got 4 anodized.

Too those wanting to keep track of my progress, on teh spreadsheet, if your in blue, yours is done, and getting ready to be shipped. (which will ship within days) and red notates shipped.

DSC00112.JPG

Last edited:
Looking good! Thanks for the updates and pictures. I appreciate them knowing you're already busy enough as it is!

Kenom

Here is progress thus far..
barrels.JPG

barrels%20%281%29.JPG

barrels%20%287%29.JPG

barrels%20%2812%29.JPG

barrels%20%2815%29.JPG

barrels%20%2816%29.JPG

barrels%20%2818%29.JPG

Here is the tool I had jayrob make me so I could anodize the focus adapters with the barrels.
barrels%20%2811%29.JPG

here's how it works.
barrels%20%2810%29.JPG

Kenom

ohh verry cool! i cant wait to see how mine will turn out.

I was going to tell you that your second barrel is near impossible.

1 - Polished Random Purple/Blue Fade with Silver Splash, 1 - Polished Random Blue/Green Fade with Black Splash both with Anodized focus adapters to match

Let me elaborate. we will use an analogy to understand the realms of possibility in color schemes here.

Take a white paper. Totally submerge it in the darkest color of your choice to begin with. In this example we will use black. Then you use bleach to "dab" out some of the color turning it back to the white base color. You now have all the color gone in those dabs and can put it into the next color, which is again totally submerged into. In this example we will use blue. Now the entire page will soak in blue. Since the blue cannot be seen OVER the black, it remains invisible. However, our white spots then take on the blue color. You can take it further by adding some more "dabs" over both the black and blue, leaving some of the blue and a lot of the black. You will again have some white portions on the paper again, that can accept a new color, say in our example, red. Now the places that are blue, are going to change to purple, and the black stays black, and the clear turns red. You now have a Purple, red, black marble.

With your second barrel color choice, you've selected a color fade which requires dipping half of the barrel in one color in and out over and over again. The part that is lowest stays in the color the longest has an opportunity to absorb the most amount of dye, and the portion at the top, has the least opportunity to absorb dye. You then flip it, and repeat. You want blue green fade. Ok, that's doable. However to get the black splashes, I would have to "dab" some clear spots, then submerge the entire thing in black. What do you think will happen in this instance? I am 100% sure, that you will have a completely black barrel.. :) . Ok then, that won't work.. How about we submerge in black, dab most of the black away, then start doing the dipping. This will give us a partial marble with faded blue and green, however, the green and blue will almost be indistinguishable from the black.

I say this only because, this barrel here:
barrels%20%2815%29.JPG

we attempted the very thing I just described with the exception of not as big of dabs. This particular one is a black, blue/red fade. Can't see much red there can ya? I'm certainly willing to try, however, I don't have much hope for it turning out all that dark with the blue and green fades. But I will try.

Actually since most of the black will be gone, it just might work. Although since our black in the main color the "black splotches" are going to be pretty big. I hope that's acceptable.

Last edited:
I was going to tell you that your second barrel is near impossible.

1 - Polished Random Purple/Blue Fade with Silver Splash, 1 - Polished Random Blue/Green Fade with Black Splash both with Anodized focus adapters to match

Let me elaborate. we will use an analogy to understand the realms of possibility in color schemes here.

Take a white paper. Totally submerge it in the darkest color of your choice to begin with. In this example we will use black. Then you use bleach to "dab" out some of the color turning it back to the white base color. You now have all the color gone in those dabs and can put it into the next color, which is again totally submerged into. In this example we will use blue. Now the entire page will soak in blue. Since the blue cannot be seen OVER the black, it remains invisible. However, our white spots then take on the blue color. You can take it further by adding some more "dabs" over both the black and blue, leaving some of the blue and a lot of the black. You will again have some white portions on the paper again, that can accept a new color, say in our example, red. Now the places that are blue, are going to change to purple, and the black stays black, and the clear turns red. You now have a Purple, red, black marble.

With your second barrel color choice, you've selected a color fade which requires dipping half of the barrel in one color in and out over and over again. The part that is lowest stays in the color the longest has an opportunity to absorb the most amount of dye, and the portion at the top, has the least opportunity to absorb dye. You then flip it, and repeat. You want blue green fade. Ok, that's doable. However to get the black splashes, I would have to "dab" some clear spots, then submerge the entire thing in black. What do you think will happen in this instance? I am 100% sure, that you will have a completely black barrel.. :) . Ok then, that won't work.. How about we submerge in black, dab most of the black away, then start doing the dipping. This will give us a partial marble with faded blue and green, however, the green and blue will almost be indistinguishable from the black.

I say this only because, this barrel here:
barrels%20%2815%29.JPG

we attempted the very thing I just described with the exception of not as big of dabs. This particular one is a black, blue/red fade. Can't see much red there can ya? I'm certainly willing to try, however, I don't have much hope for it turning out all that dark with the blue and green fades. But I will try.

Actually since most of the black will be gone, it just might work. Although since our black in the main color the "black splotches" are going to be pretty big. I hope that's acceptable.

Would Random Green / Blue with silver fade be more feasible?

Last edited: