Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Micro-Drive laser driver by rkcstr

Rkcstr i got a Question.
what if i use 3*10440 batteries which each battery peaks to 4.2 volts so that will be a total of 12.6 Volts.

rkcstr

Others have done just that and said it worked fine. If you're concerned, just put a diode in series with the battery positive to drop ~0.7V.

Few posts above, assembler told me they expect to have them done between the 6th and 15th. Then, however long it takes to ship (probably 2-5 days) and probably a day or two for me to get them packaged up and shipped out to everyone.

Anyway, you'll get an email notice from Paypal when they are shipping and one from my website when I update the order status (you'll get the Paypal one first), so you should have some notice before you get your order.

Thanks Ryan, can't wait.
Rkcstr i got a Question.
what if i use 3*10440 batteries which each battery peaks to 4.2 volts so that will be a total of 12.6 Volts
yes this works out great...
strong driver geat for rookies and starters...

rkcstr

They're in! :)

I'm going to start shipping tomorrow, hopefully. Have to be at orientation at 8:30am then start my clinical rotation at the hospital afterward until who knows when... so, hoping to get as many orders as possible packaged up tonight and then run over to the post office during my lunch break.

And, I'm working on finishing up the new instructions for the driver, which I also hope to finish up tonight to be ready for when you get your order. It is entirely rewritten for the new driver as well, so no out of date information.

rkcstr

Large portion of orders shipped today. Those who did should have received a Paypal notice in their email... I haven't had time to update order status on my website, so you may not get that until tonight or sometime later.

Anyway, I still have about a third of my orders to ship, which I'm hoping for sometime tomorrow, maybe.

Right now my schedule is undetermined, so I may have time to make it to the post office tomorrow, or I may not... they don't really give us much of a "lunch break", at least where we can leave the hospital, so it will either have to be after I'm done (which can be anywhere from 4-7pm, or 10pm if I'm on "call") or possibly dropped in a mailbox somewhere, since I'll be getting to the hospital before the Post Office opens (around 6-7am).

rkcstr

I was fortunate to get the afternoon off today, so I finished packaging and shipping all orders made up through yesterday.

So, unless you ordered today, your items are on the way!

Also, instructions for the new driver can be downloaded here:
http://rkcstr.googlepages.com/MD_v3_inst_rev1.pdf

Last edited:
RKCSTR I ordered 3 drivers from Stonetek yesterday and paid with Paypal. Looking forward to getting them. It was recommened that I use a 9v power supply to power my BLD for maximum burning effect, do you concur?
Thanks

rkcstr

9v supply will work just fine. If you're using a 9V battery (alkaline), it may not be able to put out more than 100-200mA, however. It also won't last very long at that current either. A NiMH or lithium 9V may work better, though, but I've never tried.

Thanks, I will use the iPower lithium polymer battery, it is rated at 500 mAh, and the “professional” version is rated a 520 mAh. They will actually outperform a 9 volt alkaline battery in high drain applications.. Any recommendations on the board setting for maximum burn?

Last edited:
wow its already in my city and im all the way here in S california! Dude ryan your post office is really insane...

rkcstr

The current setting for the driver will all depend on your diode and how much you're willing to torture it :D Most of us overdrive diodes on a daily basis, so you can look around (do this first) or ask what others are doing for your particular diode.

elitesniper:
Haha, I didn't think mine did anything special, but I'm glad to hear that they got it to you quickly!

And, don't forget my previous note on the new instructions. I've really spent some time writing up some general guidelines for not just using the driver, but handling laser diodes and the tools you should have as well. If you want to download them, you can look back on the last page for the link, or the link is also on the frontpage of the website (for now) and the item description for the driver.