Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Micro-Drive laser driver by rkcstr

I need someone to explain to me how i will pay him and how he will know to send one to me.
That being said if someone tells me that i will buy 1 100mA driver

I Highly Suggest that you send a PM to "rkcstr" and ask him these
questions...:yh:

If you need help with plumbing.... don't ask a carpenter... just a thought...:undecided:

Jerry

rkcstr

I don't sell a 100mA driver, specifically. I used to sell specific current drivers, but now I only sell the fixed current drivers as a kit, which you assemble yourself. If you want an assembled driver, I have my adjustable form for purchase, which is about $11.70 plus shipping ($2.50 to US, $3 intl) if you use the LPF discount code during checkout (the code is "LPF"). Setting current isn't difficult and is good thing to learn how to do if you're building lasers.

i'm working on some kits, trying to find a good host that will accept the micro-drive, so i may start ordering drivers again :)

Hey rkstr!...I was just wondering if you had an exact shipment date for the assembled drivers?

rkcstr

I waiting to hear back from the assembler on when they'll be finished. I'm going to send them an email tomorrow to ask how they're coming along. Then, after they're finished, it will probably take a few days for me to get them, then probably the day or few days after I get them I'll start shipping out orders... so earlier orders will probably ship the day after I get them and more recent orders may take another day or two.

Oh ok cool! I know im the first order!:) hehe
thanks for all your hard work trying to get these drivers to us!

rkcstr

Update:

The assembler told me they expect to have the drivers completed between the 6th and 15th... a little longer than I expected them to take, but at least I have a better idea of when they should be done.

YGG

Arg, the first blu-ray build will have to wait... *goes to order another greenie*, well at least I ordered fairly early:D

so you mean that i have to put in " Please set the driver's current to 100mA " in the order comments box?

rkcstr

No. I don't offer a current setting service; you have to do it yourself. As I said, it is a skill you should learn if you're building your own lasers.

So have you gotum? Whats the latest, when will I get charge... timing is critical
I have a spouse to work around. She has been looking out for my laser goods.:(

rkcstr

Few posts above, assembler told me they expect to have them done between the 6th and 15th. Then, however long it takes to ship (probably 2-5 days) and probably a day or two for me to get them packaged up and shipped out to everyone.

Anyway, you'll get an email notice from Paypal when they are shipping and one from my website when I update the order status (you'll get the Paypal one first), so you should have some notice before you get your order.

rkcstr

Good news! They're done! I should have them by the 6th or 7th and start shipping on the 7th or 8th.