Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing Valkyrie 𖤍 573nm "True Yellow" & Mirror-Polished Steel Host!

Congratulations. I have a 574 nm laser too. Were you able to get a power measurement?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Congrats. I really want to get one right now. But I have to wait. Spent out too much over the last few months. That yellow looks fantastic

kecked

I’m beyond happy. And those gratings are a lot of fun. I rotated one and got a surprise they change! It’s the right power level too. Any more would be too bright. I had thought I wanted 100mw. That would have looked like a 5w blue. This is perfect. THANK you. The host is great too. Never owned a pointer. First one. Think I might have the bug….

julianthedragon

Just got mine! I'm in NJ, same as seller, so shipping was extremely quick (ordered just 4 days ago after 5pm).
Getting stoked to unbox and try it out. LPM measurements incoming, and pictures incoming later (left my camera at work tonight lol)

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Damn these look awesome. Can't wait to receive mine now. Will have to wait a bit longer than most here due to the international eBay shipping thing. :cool:

julianthedragon

I feel crazy having to ask this, but the clear plastic wrap on the battery does come off this time right? Feels like packaging and contacts are covered with it on so I removed it but just want to be safe

tinkertavernco

I feel crazy having to ask this, but the clear plastic wrap on the battery does come off this time right? Feels like packaging and contacts are covered with it on so I removed it but just want to be safe
Yes it does - the clear plastic is just to protect the battery 🙂

tinkertavernco

I’m beyond happy. And those gratings are a lot of fun. I rotated one and got a surprise they change! It’s the right power level too. Any more would be too bright. I had thought I wanted 100mw. That would have looked like a 5w blue. This is perfect. THANK you. The host is great too. Never owned a pointer. First one. Think I might have the bug….
Hey - really glad that you’re enjoying your laser! We may actually make some custom gratings in the future if there’s enough interest, we’ve got some cool ideas in mind.

julianthedragon

This is a beautiful laser. This yellow feels like the holy grail of wavelengths lol. It’s very lemony. Depending on context sometimes I see a slight green tinge to it, but I have to convince myself it’s green whereas with my 561 or 589 I have to convince myself it’s yellow.

The star caps are beautiful and I almost hypnotized myself with them staring at my ceiling.
We may actually make some custom gratings in the future if there’s enough interest, we’ve got some cool ideas in mind.
What’s the limit of design possibilities with a grating? Could they be used to project custom images?

I don’t own a spectrometer but I measured it twice on my Laserbee USB LPM. From a cold start, I got an avg of 20mw and high of 24mw for 90 seconds. Very stable around 23. Then I let it rest for a minute or so, and it ran again around 13mw. Fine, it deserved some down time

I’ll post LPM screenshots along with pictures later

julianthedragon

Here are some pictures from my initial testing. Color of the raw photos was adjusted for accuracy in Adobe Lightroom.

Beamshot in the dust of my room, no fog.
DSC00849-2.jpg

Starcap pattern, 1/15s exposure while rotating the starcap.
DSC00909-2.jpg

Starcap pattern 2, camera is defocused (laser dots were sharp here).
DSC00856-2.jpg

LPM measurements:

First run, it hovered around 20-24mw consistently for 90 seconds.
Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 9.47.20 PM.png

Second run, it decided it wanted to hang out around 13mw.
Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 9.49.42 PM.png
(I have csv files from the LPM with more exact measurements.)

All in all, can't get enough of this thing. If you're still waiting on one, you have good things to look forward to. Thanks @ Tinker Tavern and Giannis for making this wavelength accessible. :)

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Darn, that sucks, looks like mine couldn't be exported. Anyone ever had this happen with eBay international shipping? No idea what went wrong as the 561 pen I ordered got through this step okay. :cry:

EDIT: Looks like I was automatically given a refund.

453245234523.png

tinkertavernco

Darn, that sucks, looks like mine couldn't be exported. Anyone ever had this happen with eBay international shipping? No idea what went wrong as the 561 pen I ordered got through this step okay. :cry:

EDIT: Looks like I was automatically given a refund.

453245234523.png

Hi! Please contact us by private message, we can work out a deal - Sometimes eBay international shipping is flaky. Thankfully eBay pays these cases out of pocket so we didn’t lose the funds (though we don’t get the unit back sadly.)

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hi! Please contact us by private message, we can work out a deal - Sometimes eBay international shipping is flaky. Thankfully eBay pays these cases out of pocket so we didn’t lose the funds (though we don’t get the unit back sadly.)

PM Sent.

Well at least glad that everyone got a refund. A moment of silence for the epic yellow laser that is probably going to be destroyed now though. :cry::cry::cry: That is a worse tragedy than even when daguin fell down the stairs with a big frame whitelight ArKr. (it smashed to smithereens) :cry::cry::cry: