Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing Valkyrie 𖤍 573nm "True Yellow" & Mirror-Polished Steel Host!

Mine just arrived! 573nm looks right.

1702595969873.png

In fact, the OP's pictures make it look like it has a bit of green in it, but in person there's none to speak of, just pure yellow.

Stability seems fine. I don't trust my LPM at lower powers so not sure what it's actually running, but it is brighter than my original OPT 574 and lasence 569.

Host is also smaller than expected which was a nice surprise

Mine just arrived! 573nm looks right.

View attachment 76962

In fact, the OP's pictures make it look like it has a bit of green in it, but in person there's none to speak of, just pure yellow.

Stability seems fine. I don't trust my LPM at lower powers so not sure what it's actually running, but it is brighter than my original OPT 574 and lasence 569.
Congrats on your new acquisition.

kecked

Wow that was fast! Just got mine this morning. I’ve never had one so please tell me which way the battery goes? I assume positive in but I think I read something different. Also I assume the black box with the usb is a charger for this battery? A slip of paper would be nice with this. Sorry I’m dense but just want to NOT F this up.

also do the green lights on the charger change color. Mine say four green so is it charged? Just some basic info please.

Thinking to add a drying bag in the seriously nice metal box like these. Won’t hurt.

I don’t often get this excited over a new laser!

Last edited:

tinkertavernco

Wow that was fast! Just got mine this morning. I’ve never had one so please tell me which way the battery goes? I assume positive in but I think I read something different. Also I assume the black box with the usb is a charger for this battery? A slip of paper would be nice with this. Sorry I’m dense but just want to NOT F this up.

also do the green lights on the charger change color. Mine say four green so is it charged? Just some basic info please.

Thinking to add a drying bag in the seriously nice metal box like these. Won’t hurt.

Battery is inserted with the negative side first :)

And yes there’s a charger included, we bought too many of these a while back so why not give some out with the lasers. As for the lights I believe a green light means charged but I’ll check again this morning.

kecked

Thank you. At first I thought it didn’t work! There is plastic on the battery. The color is certainly yellow. It’s still got a very slight green to it compared to 577 out of my dye laser but you have to look hard. Really nice thank you and to anyone thinking about they are realllly well made and the color is yellow like a highlighter.

julianthedragon

At a certain point the question has to be what do we define in our mind as yellow?

julianthedragon

I’ve heard that Russian has two separate colors for what we consider light blue and dark blue. I wonder if there’s a Russian LPF somewhere where they argue about the color of 460nm

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I’ve heard that Russian has two separate colors for what we consider light blue and dark blue. I wonder if there’s a Russian LPF somewhere where they argue about the color of 460nm

They don't argue about the color on Russian LPF, they settle the dispute with a jousting match in Red Square while riding bears and drinking vodka. Loser gets thrown out a window by Putin's henchmen. :LOL:

Yeah that color is what I call lemon yellow. I love mine and have spent many hours enjoying it. The desiccant is a good idea. I use them inside an antistatic airtight bag. I got very excited about mine when it came and started a thread about it shortly after it arrived.

What is the diameter of the module?

EDIT: I see that its 18mm....order placed! (I have very little self control)

Hi,

573nm bare modules are now available here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/204583891282

We also include an adjustable-current driver, though you can replace it with your own if you’d like.

Module diameter is 18mm!

The driver is not attached to the module..... correct ?

What input voltage will the supplied driver take ?

Will the driver need to be heat sinked ( thermally coupled to a heat sink ) ?

What is the modules required current range and at what voltage ?

tinkertavernco

The driver is not attached to the module..... correct ?

Will the driver need to be heat sinked ( thermally coupled to a heat sink ) ?

What is the required current range and at what voltage ?
The driver is attached via wires 🙂
Driver should not need to be heatsinked at typical current levels. If you choose to overdrive it, you may need to heatsink it.

Will test the input current tonight; acceptable voltage is 3.0-4.2V (single li-ion battery).

My Valkyrie arrived and I'm loving it. The pointer has good heft and is gorgeous. Mine spectros out at 574nm and is a great shade of yellow. If anyone is on the fence about getting one I highly encourage you to pick one of these up, it won't disappoint. A couple months ago I thought the resurgence of 593.5nm was one of the coolest things to happen for the hobby but this one definitely takes the cake.

Yellow-Trio1.jpg

Yellow-Trio2.jpg