Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing Valkyrie 𖤍 573nm "True Yellow" & Mirror-Polished Steel Host!

tinkertavernco

Hi everyone,

Back in 2018, true yellow lasers in the 575nm range showed up on the market, then disappeared a short while after. A few months ago, we had the idea to bring them back. We thought it would be impossible, but eventually - after much effort - we struck a deal to get a batch of modules made.

We knew we couldn’t settle for less than perfection here - so we wanted to design a fully custom 18650-sized host for these beautiful yellows. Our designer teamed up with the incredible Giannis_TDM to engineer a true work of art.

DSC00330-2.jpg

This is Valkyrie, the most polished laser pointer ever created:

E51A6050.jpg

Our Valkyrie host is machined from stainless steel with a beautiful mirror finish; it has a wonderful weight and feel.
The gently knurled, textured grip at the back is crafted for maximum comfort, and the polished steel button has the perfect satisfying sound and texture.

E51A4352.jpg

Typical power output is around 15 milliwatts on our 573nm units, but some are a bit higher; the highest we've recorded was 39.

Valkyrie is also designed to be compatible with standard 1.5mm by 6mm glow vials.

E51A4485.jpg

(593.5nm and 488nm pictured)

We’ve produced only 40 units in our initial run of Valkyrie 573nm; we hope to continue with more units in a further series.

Please click >>>HERE<<< if you'd like to purchase a Valkyrie unit!

Valkyrie will also be available soon in 405nm, 450nm, 488nm, 520nm, 555nm, 593.5nm, and 638nm.

Bare modules (with driver included) are also available now! Check out our listing here to purchase one. Module diameter is 18mm.

Last edited:

I need to figure out solution to taking accurate pictures of 57X lasers, the yellow photons need to be appreciated

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I need to figure out solution to taking accurate pictures of 57X lasers, the yellow photons need to be appreciated

I'm gonna do some tests when I get my units. I have a 561 on order and now one of these yellows too. Gonna try with my main camera; a Nikon D3400 DSLR, plus my phone camera, and also a film SLR that I just got a roll of film for and see if I can get anything near accurate colors.

tinkertavernco

There’s a Sony camera (DSC-F828) which can photograph them correctly, though it’s very very dated, 2002 or so. They tend to run around $150 to $200.

We also recently invested in another newer camera which can properly see the yellow range. This involved a rather unusual visit to a camera store and plenty of testing. Canon R5 and R7 were the only cameras with any level of accuracy in the yellow range. $1500 but well worth it!

Congratulations on offering this wavelength again. I already have a working one, so I don't actually need another one. I keep mine in an airtight antistatic bag with at least half a dozen desiccants.

I finally had some success taking pictures of yellow lasers using a very old JVC camcorder I picked up way back in 2007 and it boasts 3CCD's. Red, green and blue each have their own CCD.

3CCD.jpg

577nm CNI custom and 572nm Spyder III

Yellow2.jpg

Yellow1.jpg

There is even a very slight difference between 593.5nm and 589nm

Oranges.jpg

I can't wait to add the Valkyrie to the collection!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Do you know if these crystals suffer from degradation like the last batch?