Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hand held projector :)

I am glad we got you there sudra, are you using a pot on one motor? If the mirrors are heavy, comparitive the the motor size, it will effect the output. With fine adjustment you should get a whole range of shapes.....When I get home tonight I will crank up handheld projector #2 :) and run it through its speed range.
I will post the results.

Regards rog8811

YAY!   I have hit 20,000 hits, that means that for every 1000 hits I get from now earns me $5!

I recommend that anyone who hasn't viewed...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/763506/laser_projector_you_can_take_anywhere/

.......Yet do so soon ;)

On a serious note I am realy chuffed (an english term similar to WOOT) this is the first movie of mine to not lay gathering dust....

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• 20k_001.jpg
    20k_001.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 169
Hi Quadlaszer, It is a pretty easy build and a lot of fun. Mine now sports a 50mw green and I have used it to light up the woodlands and ponds for Halloween, at one point I was walking behind the group of children and adults lighting up the trees above their heads, I heard loads of discussion amongst the adults about how it was being done...they hadn't a clue :)

Regards rog8811

Excellent tut

I'm adding this to my to do list.

rated the video 5 stars...thanks for sharing

Chuck

jayrob

Hi Rog, thanks for sharing your awesome projector and making the 'how to' video. I hope to build one like this. Any links for finding the motors?
Thanks,
Jay

jayrob

Thanks for that link Rog, he is selling the motors still...Any chance you could give some more details on the circuit set up? Or, advice. If too much trouble, don't bother. You really made me want to make one of these! You know, you could easily sell something like this. I would be a instant customer...
Jay

Here you go jayrob, pretty simple stuff. The lower the resistance of the pot the better control you will have over the motor. The batteries I use are AA's taken out of greenies, they have plenty of power for the motors....oh and put 2 of them in parrallel for 1.5v but with better capacity.

Hope that helps.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• Circuit01_002.jpg
    Circuit01_002.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 293

jayrob

No regulating current? Just 1.5 volts from 2 AAs direct? That's easy...
Thanks Rog!
Jay

jayrob

rog8811 said:
Simple as that ;)

Regards rog8811
Not as simple as that! Ha Ha! Man Rog, did you use orthoscopic surgery to make yours? This is going to be a very tight fit! The closest box size that I could find is not the right type on the inside (which I found out after I received it). Not enough room inside...I am going to try to make it work by mounting the batteries in the lid. I am planning on mounting the pot so that the small knob sticks out on the left. All ready for testing now but I don't have the mirrors yet, so I still don't know if this box will work yet. The motors work nice...
Jay
Projector4.jpg

Attachments

• Projector3.jpg
    Projector3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 161

jayrob

Finally got it... I thought I would share some pictures. For the project box that I found, the hardest thing for me, was aligning the motors and mirrors so that the end result would project the image out of a relatively small hole at the other side. I had to try to keep it this way because I had no ceiling space in the box. (batteries had to go there)
mini projector1.jpg

I had to mount the motors as low as possible because of the fact that the only place for the batteries to be mounted was in the lid... So, I used the circuit board, (because it is thin) and soldered the motor mounts (clips) onto the board and then glued the board to the bottom of the box using some strong CA glue.
mini projector2.jpg

I mounted the switch at the back and a 100 ohm pot at the left side. I also found that by putting a 10 ohm resistor before the other (fixed current) motor, I had more control/range with the potentiometer driven motor, because I could adjust that motor both faster or slower than the motor with the fixed speed.
mini projector3.jpg

This project was to me, kind of difficult because of how tight the fit was. It is also very rewarding. Thanks Rog for this great project! It has been my favorite so far!
Jay

Last edited: