Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Shipping and Returns Etiquette

I don't sell lasers for profit, but on occasion like to refresh my collection by selling off my older handhelds to free up cash for new projects.

All the lasers that I sell are sold AS IS, and the only thing I guarantee is that they will be as advertised, and working when the buyer gets them.

So far I've been lucky and avoided any problems.

I was wondering though. In general how quickly do you guys ship out the lasers you sell?

Also how would you deal with a customer who got the laser, it's working, but now he's not sure he wants to keep it and "will decide"?

It's been a week since I heard from the guy.

Just curious what your guys do/think when it comes to these situations.

I try to ship out ASAP once payment is received. Always keep your buyer up to date if something changes, or there has to be delay. For me, this means next day or after the weekend. If you can't do that, you should only be selling something next time, when you're already equipped to package it up and ship.

Don't quote me on this, but generally, the B/S/T section assumes that there are no returns.

You don't just go and buy a car out of the classifieds, and then decide to return it for no reason. It doesn't work that way.

Give returns a consideration of course if there a dispute on the item's description vs. what was received.

If this happens, it would be ethical to offer to pay for his return shipping. It should work the same way in reverse. The receiver buys shipping.

If you are keeping up a clientele, make shipping look like it never even happened. ;)

In general I do try to send things out next day, or after the weekend. When I can't I advise ahead of time. It's rare that I'm off, and when I am, it's never been more then a couple of days.

With this last guy, I got the payment thursday, and told him well ahead of time the laser would ship either friday or monday. Monday I got stuck in the office and didn't make it to the post office, it did go out tuesday and he got it wednesday.

About returns... in general I thought so too. Unless the item is DOA or not as promised, no returns. Never had an issue with that fortunately:angel:

Buyer remorse is not a reason to return a used item purchased
that is still working correctly..

As to shipping... I would suggest within 2 business days after
the payment has cleared ...

You could include the above in your sales pitch so that it is
clear to the buyer...

Jerry

Last edited:
^^^I think I will for the future. Generally I just say it in PM's, but might not be a bad idea to just post it.

I always (unless something comes up, or its sunday) ship the same day the payment comes in.

I always try for shipment within one business day of receiving cleared payment. There is the rare occaision where it may take me an extra day to get it out, but I've never held an item for more than three days (payment received late Friday, shipped out Tuesday morning) and that was only once iirc.

Buyers remorse is not a valid reason for returns. I've been bitten by this one on eBay - customer bought a blokflute and then realized they didn't know how to play it or didn't like how it sounded and ripped the money out of my hands then sent the item back weeks later damaged. I fought eBay but lost.

I want to say that all sales are final, but really I don't know if that is even possible with PayPal anymore. I suppose the buyer can always get their money back no matter what now.