Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

***trade***

TRADE COMPLETED, THANKS TO SCOPEGUY20!

Hello,
I'm a newbie here and I have wanted a green laser for quite some time.
I have a Inova X5MT-UV, 2x123 Ultraviolet light in mint condition which I have never carried.
It has the belt pouch, plastic case, instructions and 2 CR-123's with it.

I would like to trade it for a Green Laser which is powered by AAA's. I have wanted a Laser for quite some time to use for signaling and Geocaching.

:thanks: for looking,

Barefootone

Inova_X5T_UV.jpg

Last edited:

How much power do you need? With AAAs, your not going to get a lot of battery life unless you have a relatively low power laser. Even the 5mw green laser pointers last only an hour or less (the ones I've used anyway). Since you are probably going to use this laser outdoors, something with longer battery life and a tad more durability might be good.

I like it, and it's true that lasers will use up AAA's but if you only turn on for a few seconds, it takes a while to drain the batts. Maybe also carry spares though. -Glenn

Spares or rechargeables, although I'm not sure if they make rechargeable AAAs.

They do, with very decent capacities as well, it is all I use in my AAA pointers. :D

Something along the lines of eneloop, which cures the only weakness of rechargeable batteries...self-discharge.

:thanks:Guy's:wave:,
Being as new and green as the laser I seek all of your advice is most appreciated for sure.
Are there pen size lasers that use AA's which I would think would give you a little more capacity in mAh? Of course the physical size of the pen light would be larger, but I don't see much of a problem there :thinking:. I'm not sure how to say this, but I don't want a really cheap built laser that you see on Ebay for $12.00 since I haven't heard a whole lot of good about them. Then again what do I know at this point :yabbem:.
So I guess at this point I'm open to all suggestions and advice.
scopeguy20 I'll be in touch.
:thanks: to all,
Jeff

:thanks:Guy's:wave:,
Being as new and green as the laser I seek all of your advice is most appreciated for sure.
Are there pen size lasers that use AA's which I would think would give you a little more capacity in mAh? Of course the physical size of the pen light would be larger, but I don't see much of a problem there :thinking:. I'm not sure how to say this, but I don't want a really cheap built laser that you see on Ebay for $12.00 since I haven't heard a whole lot of good about them. Then again what do I know at this point :yabbem:.
So I guess at this point I'm open to all suggestions and advice.
scopeguy20 I'll be in touch.
:thanks: to all,
Jeff

You should use another Text Color... BLUE is very hard to read on
a Black background...

Jerry

mfo

Use rechargeable batteries. I get decent run times with my 125mW greenie with duracell 1000mAh batteries.

Flightlevel350, I'm thinking I want>75 mW or more. Still doing a lot of research and studying, but I think rechargeable's are the way to go in any case.
Thanks,
Jeff

No problem glad I could be of help :beer: , I recommend the Eneloop rechargeable to everyone in the market for rechargeable batteries for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted member 8382

for a 75mW laser you're going to have to offer something better, honestly. Isn't this flashlight the kind of diodes than the 4$ UV flashlight on DX? One laser like the one you're looking for is near 50$ considering you get the cheapest ones!

for a 75mW laser you're going to have to offer something better, honestly. Isn't this flashlight the kind of diodes than the 4$ UV flashlight on DX? One laser like the one you're looking for is near 50$ considering you get the cheapest ones!

It's a nice/good quality UV flashlight, IIRC it is titanium construction. It's not exactly one of the DX lights. So I think it should be a pretty fair trade, if anyone is looking for a UV light?