Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The XBOX 360 HD-DVD high power laser thread

Sure is a screwy thing with these!
I just checked there site and don't even see the 8011's listed, just the 803t's.

So Hydro,
please check your oder and let us know, as I was just getting ready to hit the pay button when all this mess just got posted.

Sad thing if you did order the 803t's and got the 8011's, in that event, it would appear as high risk again to get the right ones.

Let us know- ;)

Thanks!

yea i didn't see an option but my order says shipped prh-803 t i hope thats what comes in ?

VW

I have a sled on it's way some time early next week, so hopefully I'll get the good one...

*fingers crossed*

daguin

I have found several sites that describe the PHR-803T as the "original" part. The PHR-803T has been replaced with the DT0811. We may be seeing (and searching for) the remaining originals parts here.

Peace,
dave

[highlight]**EDIT**[/highlight] Let's hope GooeyGus finds out some good things about the "lower powered" diode.

If that be true, that the 803t is the original and the 8011 is the replacement, it could be bad news for us who have ordered the 803t's from PSX here lately.
Ugggg. :(
Glad I didn't order another this morning.
Crossing fingers on the one already coming.
:-/
Hopefully PSX will accept returns on the deal of not being as ordered.
:-?

BUT,
I am thinking that even the lower powered ones are still a bit better than the PS3 ones, as even the 8011's have seemed to have a higher initial lase MA reading.
Or so I have seen?????
;)

daguin

Joenobody said:
BUT,
I am thinking that even the lower powered ones are still a bit better than the PS3 ones, as even the 8011's have seemed to have a higher laser MA reading.
Or so I have seen?????
;)

[highlight]EXACTLY!!!! [/highlight]

Remember, it wasn't too long ago that everyone was paying $38 for a PS3 sled. If we have run the gamut of these sleds, we are still no worse off than we were three weeks ago. Additionally, we now know what to look for in the older units to increase our odds of finding one of these diodes. Next, these diodes may still be being manufactured. We just need to find where they're being used. Finally, they are already working on th 8X or 10X ! :)

-- begins to scour the marketplace for older HD units --

hydro

Yes I have checked and checked but they are 0811 not 803T. I have sent them an email regarding it but still no answer.

I did a search on PHR-803T and sent some inquiry messages to several China based firms that came up on page one, (google search, so if anyone else does the same, I covered the first 3 listings)
Maybe something will net something.
I will send some more later today when I get a few more minutes to play, need to run out now.
I will let you know if I hear anything from them.
Joe...

drlava

Joenobody said:
I did a search on PHR-803T and sent some inquiry messages to several China based firms that came up on page one, (google search, so if anyone else does the same, I covered the first 3 listings)
Maybe something will net something.
I will send some more later today when I get a few more minutes to play, need to run out now.
I will let you know if I hear anything from them.
Joe...
I saw those too, one even had a price of $17!? interested to see how they respond to you :)

A little update:

I ended up running the lower powered diode for about 2 hours at 60mA, even taking it as high as 105mA for a few seconds, its still alive and working fine. This was in no heat sink at all. After the 2 hours it was pretty hot, but not hot enough to burn or anything like that. I could still hold it in my fingers just fine. I dont have an LPM... But if things pan out right I should have a decent one in the near future.

Any other ideas on what I should do to this diode?

Scog

Did it increase in brightness from 60 to 105ma?
I really want to get my hands on a high powered blu but at this stage everything looks so uncertain. I hope we can find a reliable source for these good ones even if the stock only lasts a few weeks.

I got a defective XBOX HD-DVD drive off ebay, and wired up the diode. It is an 803T and I've tried driving it up to 100mA which is about 5.5V, but I'm not getting a tight beam. I wonder if its a bad diode? Or do other people get crappy beams?

Attachments

• beam_002.JPG
    beam_002.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
This is a shot down the barrel of my diode. It looks like stuff is not centered behind the window. Is it normal?

Attachments

• head.JPG
    head.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 79

chido

You need to place the diode in an aixiz module and use the lens in order to take all that light and get it into a beam. ;)

chido

Here's a pic of a diode installed in a module:

Aixiz002.jpg