Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The XBOX 360 HD-DVD high power laser thread

jake21

here is mine that i was selling but i desided to put it to use lol, u can see the mark on the back of the diode, and i tested and this thing is brite :eek:

Attachments

• 610030.jpg
    610030.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 93

VW

So are these the "freak" diodes that were posted about a while back? Because I remember a guy who ripped open his console (not sure which one) and was mentioning that it was over powered...

jake21

idk i have to wait till i get my meter back to test them out, but might be because these are damn brite i have one that pops balloons and lights matches ect....

IgorT

jake21 said:
idk i have to wait till i get my meter back to test them out, but might be because these are damn brite i have one that pops balloons and lights matches ect....

At what current, Jake? Are they bright at the same current or did you set them for a higher current, compared to PS3 diodes?

I got my $10 ebay HD-dvd drive today... it looks like its one of the lower powered ones, with version 100, but I haven't taken it all the way apart yet. I'm going to order one from PSXboy tonight as well...

EDIT: I can now confirm, it is the lower powered diode, version 100, DT0811, with a build date of June 2007. Hope that helps a bit :)

So I ordered one from PSXBOY, how long do they usually take to ship? Is it along the same lines as DX?

Skram0

GooeyGus said:
So I ordered one from PSXBOY, how long do they usually take to ship? Is it along the same lines as DX?
How'd you ship it? EMS or just standard? If EMS then I'd guess maybe a week or under. If the other then I don't know.

I was being a bit careless, since I really dont care if this diode dies or not, and accidently broke the window when pressing it out of the heat sink. Oh well. It still works fine, i'm going to take it out to my shop and see if I can 'open can' it without killing it. I powered it up, and its running at 60ma just for some testing. Its been going for about a half hour, pretty damn bright and not too hot. Its still in the original heat sink. Again, this is the weaker diode, I'm trying to give us an idea of what kind of mA these will take before they die.

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

EDIT: Thought I would add that I notice some weird characteristics of this diode... It lases beginning around 25 or 30mA and barely gets brighter slowly up to about 50mA, a very slow rise in power. But, it seems when I go just a touch over 50mA, it seems to almost double in brightness. This happens between 51 and 53mA. Literally a 1 or 2mA increase in current causes this. Weird stuff.

daguin

GooeyGus said:
EDIT: Thought I would add that I notice some weird characteristics of this diode... It lases beginning around 25 or 30mA and barely gets brighter slowly up to about 50mA, a very slow rise in power. But, it seems when I go just a touch over 50mA, it seems to almost double in brightness. This happens between 51 and 53mA. Literally a 1 or 2mA increase in current causes this. Weird stuff.

+1 GooeyGus

Everyone is so focused on the "high powered" diode that we are ignoring what may be our future. The older sleds won't last forever. If we don't find a another source when the PHR-803T's run out, then our choice will once again be paying the big bucks for a burner or this diode.

Or the world could come to an end. . . . .

I forget. Do you have an LPM?

Peace,
dave

so what is the model number of the good ones?
i am not totally sure, and don't want to spend a lot of money on a weaker diode.
on the pictures that i have seen on this thread, the version number is 000 on the high power diodes.

daguin

robjdixon said:
so what is the model number of the good ones?
i am not totally sure, and don't want to spend a lot of money on a weaker diode.
on the pictures that i have seen on this thread, the version number is 000 on the high power diodes.

I would say that it is "looking" that way, but not confident enough to say, "Yes." Also, some have found that the number on the outside of the box doesn't always agree with what is "INSIDE" the box. Your chances are higher with the purchase of one of the PHR-308T sleds from PSXBoy. At least you "know" that you're getting the sled that has been shown to have the higher powered diode in it.

Also (maybe GooeyGus' work will tell us more) you are still getting a 405nm diode in the "weaker" one. Buy three. Increase your chances ;)

As with all things YMMV. You pays your money -- you takes your chances ;)

Peace,
dave

i don't have enought money for that!!
don't tempt me [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]

i am having emoticon withdrawl symptoms

hydro

Received my order from PSXBoy but all 5 are the DT0811 :-[! I placed this order on the 4-29-08, so has anyone order after this date and received the PHR-803T ones?

iewed

hydro said:
Received my order from PSXBoy but all 5 are the DT0811 :-[!  I placed this order on the 4-29-08, so has anyone  order after this date and received the PHR-803T ones?  
Did you order the PHR-803T sleds? If you did, you could ask for a replacement because thats not what you ordered.

daguin

hydro said:
Received my order from PSXBoy but all 5 are the DT0811 :-[! I placed this order on the 4-29-08, so has anyone order after this date and received the PHR-803T ones?

The ones I ordered on 5/1 are PHR-803T's. I have another order on it's way (ordered 5/5). Are you sure you ordered PHR-803T's? Check your order record. Don't get offended. We all make mistakes. If you did order PHR-803T's, and he sent you DT0811's, you should be able to RMA them.

Peace,
dave