Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Collimated News Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwel III

Damn, another serious chemical spill, this time in Arizona. A semi carrying nitric acid crashed on the interstate and a large spill has occurred. Looks like a large cloud of nitrogen dioxide fumes all around the crash scene.

63ec19f306aaa.image.jpg
About 1992 I was returning to a job six hours from home on a Sunday evening, we carried a stunned but otherwise unhurt driver from an area covered by HCL, which whilst bigtime HAZMAT, is less toxic than other fuming agents. We were first on the scene (west of Rockhampton AUST) and the EMT who turned up minutes later had a porta-shower and washed us all down.

Very bizarre experience, the whole area around the trailer was hissing like a snake as the fuming acid ate the grass and trees. Also a stroke of luck, the cargo was in 44s not a tanker!

In hind-sight we risked burns but got the driver out of his wrecked cab. I was a bit itchy for two days afterward but the thing I remember most was the worksite was isolated for the clean-up, two days 'coz we were the only guys ahead of first responders. Nobody else could get through, bar a car or two prior.

Calculated risk -- we knew it was HCL. Had it been H2SO4 or Fluorine none of us could've done much. We had to take a gulp of fresh air before charging in to drag the driver out.

Last edited:
Starting 2026 all new cars will have a remote kill switch so cops can shut your car down or put you into limp mode when they pull you over, also your car will spy on you and shut down if you drive aggressively or if it thinks you are intoxicated.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
They should build a few MASSIVE new super prisons like the new one they just opened in El Salvador to keep all the gang members. Holds up to 40,000 inmates, in huge cells with up to 100 inmates each. Crime has drastically dropped over the past few years amid Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele's crackdown on the gangs terrorizing the country. The current prisons were getting overcrowded so he built this epic new mega prison to house gang members.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Concept car you have an infraction and Paul you're on your second temp ban.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
conceptcar you now have two infractions. This is not the place to argue.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
conceptcar a 3rd infraction for continued arguing

I'm gonna give you a chance to explain yourself before I perma ban your butt off of this forum

I don't understand. This is not political at all and was just something funny on SNL last night. It certainly wasn't my intent to push anything political here. A person actually dressed up as Dilbert seemed funny to me. I thought others would think so as well. Are telling me not to post anything to this thread? I really don't understand what it is that I did wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.