Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers TheJoker301 Does Not Tell the Truth to Customers or Uphold His Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DO NOT BUY FROM SciFi !!!

Hopefully because he understand that talk is cheap.

Only way I see this fiasco ending amiably is if people start to get their refunds and lasers.

Not holding my breath.

There are enough threads on this already, we don't need yet another one, there are so many threads on Sci-Fi lasers that I can't even keep up with them, there are 7 of them listed in the latest posts. You don't need to over do it, by now everyone knows there is a problem with Sci-Fi.

Alan

Ok how do I delete my thread?

Razako

Hopefully because he understand that talk is cheap.

Only way I see this fiasco ending amiably is if people start to get their refunds and lasers.

Not holding my breath.
I'm still halfheartedly hoping I'll just see the lasers show up at my door one of these days. I'm growing increasingly doubtful though. The other part of me would rather just get a refund from paypal so I can complete my collection buying from jetlasers and sanwu.

I'm still halfheartedly hoping I'll just see the lasers show up at my door one of these days. I'm growing increasingly doubtful though. The other part of me would rather just get a refund from paypal so I can complete my collection buying from jetlasers and sanwu.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Given how things have developed I'm not optimistic.

Just check out his latest reputation page. It's all red. Don't feel bad anymore for the guy. His profile also shows as "offline", don't think he's logging back on...

-Alex

diachi

Just check out his latest reputation page. It's all red. Don't feel bad anymore for the guy. His profile also shows as "offline", don't think he's logging back on...

-Alex

Checked yesterday - was online - private messaging. :whistle:

Razako

-Alex
I just don't understand how one goes from running a reputable business to wholesale scamming. I saw him complaining about being overworked, and the money not being good in one of the threads, but that's no excuse. If you can't make money and get orders out, then RAISE YOUR PRICES! It will solve both of those problems. Less orders and more profit per order. This isn't rocket science....

I also wonder if he might have just got hooked on drugs or something...

He was online this morning too.
I just want to see people get their money back, I know how it feels to get ripped off and I hate it.

Razako

I wouldn't even care so much about how he wasted our time waiting for orders if he would just man up and refund people. Making mistakes is part of being human. How you correct those mistakes determines what kind of person you are.

Reactions: GSS
Re: Sci-Fi Lasers is a total joke!!!!

He put me at real risk of physical harm by posting my physical address.
He threatened me and attempted to intimidate.
He did in fact take my payment, email me 4 weeks later that my lenses had shipped and after I went through ebay at 9 weeks issue a refund for items he said never shipped.

This is no slander these are facts and I can say them as I have the Constitutional right of free speech.

Show me the jury who would rule otherwise.

Can't rep you yet. I'd love to throw some reps up at this comment. I have been monitoring Sci-Fi ever since I have been here. I have made multiple suggestions on these threads. He could take a picture of your item going into the box with the tracking number at the post office. He has refused, even claiming he is doing this... however no one I know has a picture. He says these are all his "old orders". Shouldn't you work from oldest to newest? We really do need to get him out of here or require him to only do Cash on Delivery. While we are required to have a banner, can't we just a a text under the banner that says do not pay before you play, only request C.O.D.? We might be legally required to post his banner. It doesn't mean we don't have full control of the rest of the page does it?

Re: My experience with SciFi lasers

45 days was the old limit, now it's 180 days.

You should be able to place your dispute. I placed mine more than 45 days after ordering.

I managed to place mine yesterday after thinking maybe I couldn't. I figured it couldn't hurt to at least try. If he gets in touch with me and helps me out himself, I can always delete the claim easily enough. I was hoping to not have to take any action like this. I wrote him a very detailed email yesterday outlining the whole situation along with 3 possible courses of action he could take that would be satisfactory. He hasn't replied.

No No, just about everyone here has a multi function meter that they have gotten from Harbor Freight Tools for free with a coupon or for no more than $5 I can't imagine that you haven't seen there flyers everywhere. Its a ok starter meter and will do way more than just checking battery voltage:)

Actually, I have seen that ad before, but not recently. I never ended up getting that tester, but I've gotten the flashlight they've offered when it was free with no purchase required. I guess I'll have to stop in there sometime again. I normally don't go there for anything.

As for voltmeters, I don't understand them. Take a look at this one: http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html
I don't even see a setting on there for 3.7v batteries. I don't even understand what all those settings around the dial are for. That's why I never got one of these in the past.

Last edited:

diachi

As for voltmeters, I don't understand them. Take a look at this one: 7 Function Multimeter
I don't even see a setting on there for 3.7v batteries. I don't even understand what all those settings around the dial are for. That's why I never got one of these in the past.

Maybe google on how to use a voltmeter ...

You'd want to pick the DCV (Volts, DC, all batteries [Technically cells in this case] are DC) setting for a battery - the different numbers just set the measurement range. For example, the 2000m setting will measure voltages up to 2000mV or 2V with a resolution of 1mV. The 20 setting will measure up to 20V (usually with a resolution of 10mV or 0.01V) and so on.

Higher end multimeters are auto-ranging so all you need to do is select DC Volts and hook it up - it'll do the rest for you.

Further edit: Keep in mind, you need to have the probes plugged into the correct socket. Usually it's a common ground socket with one socket for Voltage/Resistance/Diode testing and the other for Current. Current is typically (typically because clamp meters don't really work that way...) measured through a component (I.e the meter is in series) while voltage is measured across a component (I.e. the meter is in parallel). The socket for current will be low resistance (to the ground socket) to allow that current to flow through the meter/circuit, completing the circuit just like a piece of wire would. The socket for voltage will be high resistance (to the ground socket) so that lots of current doesn't flow through the meter and destroy it/something else when you go to take a voltage reading. If it were low resistance that'd be like a short circuit across your component/circuit.

Last edited:

Maybe google on how to use a voltmeter ...

You'd want to pick the DCV (Volts, DC, all batteries [Technically cells in this case] are DC) setting for a battery - the different numbers just set the measurement range. For example, the 2000m setting will measure voltages up to 2000mV or 2V with a resolution of 1mV. The 20 setting will measure up to 20V (usually with a resolution of 10mV or 0.01V) and so on.

Higher end multimeters are auto-ranging so all you need to do is select DC Volts and hook it up - it'll do the rest for you.

Further edit: Keep in mind, you need to have the probes plugged into the correct socket. Usually it's a common ground socket with one socket for Voltage/Resistance/Diode testing and the other for Current. Current is typically (typically because clamp meters don't really work that way...) measured through a component while voltage is measured across a component. The socket for current will be low resistance (to ground) to allow that current to flow through the meter and be read, the socket for voltage will be high resistance (to ground) so that lots of current doesn't flow through the meter and destroy it when you go to take a voltage reading.

Oy! I was hoping it would be more like my current battery tester. Set it to the correct battery type, and then touch the red wire to positive, the black wire to negative, and check the reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.