Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

QuaLas arrays (numb12 modules)

Darktron

As we know them by nubb arrays now we officially have their name is QuaLas. As I had mentioned in past we would be seeing these used in newer projectors now is confirmed we have some information on the QuaLas arrays small form factor for projection and automotive laser needs.

Now I present to you the QuaLas RGB.The wavelength and output power are the following wavelength 465 nm, 525 nm, 643 nm, Output Power 8.3 W (Blue), 4.8 W (Green), 10 W (Red). To add more info like you'll see below 1 blue LD(4.15W * 2), 3 green LD(1.6W * 3), and 4 red LD(2.5W * 4).
These newer arrays come in 4, 5, 8, 9, 10 packages single and double stacks.

Why these new arrays? well they are just better for projectors and their design applications. Laser design offers advantages such as 10-15% higher efficiency, 40% reduction in size, 10% better heat dissipation, and approximately 30% lower cost compared to the more commonly used 14-chip and 28-chip lasers arrays.

3_2048x2048.gif

1000030637.jpg1000030639.jpg1000030551.jpg1000030374.png1000030372.png

Last edited:

It seems amazing that Nichi@ has been able to get this kind of power out of these small form packages. I still have some much larger RGB lasers that output far less power. Thanks for this update. ;)

farbe2

You all know that the beam is awful and there no real way to correct it without a bunch of precisely aligned optics?

You all know that these could be the end of cheap diodes extracted from projectors?

I am not at all exited or happy about these!

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
You all know that the beam is awful and there no real way to correct it without a bunch of precisely aligned optics?

You all know that these could be the end of cheap diodes extracted from projectors?

Oh man good point

That thought had crossed my mind but given the current industry that change wont exactly happen overnight so there will be high powered diodes for a while longer. What it might do is slow the development of new 5.6/9mm diodes which would be disappointing.

Darktron

Agree but just wanted to post the information we have now and know we're they are aiming...

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I just want an RGB in a TO-5 can. 1 watt of balanced white. Is that too much to ask for? :)

Darktron

I have updated the thread with more information as I was incorrect on number of Blue LD and total LD in package. numb12 model has arrise and is currently available for purchase. This model has an odd number of 9 LD total which matches the .gif animation on beginning of thread1000031948.jpg1000031947.jpg

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
This was looking pretty interesting until I got down to the divergence of the red :-(

Darktron

This was looking pretty interesting until I got down to the divergence of the red :-(
Looks like not as good optics on that case I do believe these are first generation reds from Nichia so that could be it too i mean 2.5W per LD I'd expect them to be dual beam but looks like single beams so thats in the correct path at least.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Looks like not as good optics on that case I do believe these are first generation reds from Nichia so that could be it too i mean 2.5W per LD I'd expect them to be dual beam but looks like single beams so thats in the correct path at least.
I'm guessing it's the diodes themselves. All of the high power MM reds we've seen have had atrocious divergence.