Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Should have decent beam specs with the fiber coupling, right?

Nope. Fiber core diameter is 105µm. ~1W blues are 15µm emitter, and single mode reds are 2µm emitter if I recall.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

That dam double beam 2.5W mitsu 638nm is on sale at olike.

Mitsubishi 638nm 2.5W red laser diode/double laser beam [OL-M-2.5W] - $129.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

These I think have been going for 200 or more, and I know there is a triple out also.
Anyway is 129.00 a good deal?
I don't like these, I hope they go away and put in bigger single emitter 638's
I would hate it is others went this way, but if they do then we will find a way.

That dam double beam 2.5W mitsu 638nm is on sale at olike.

Mitsubishi 638nm 2.5W red laser diode/double laser beam [OL-M-2.5W] - $129.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

These I think have been going for 200 or more, and I know there is a triple out also.
Anyway is 129.00 a good deal?
I don't like these, I hope they go away and put in bigger single emitter 638's
I would hate it is others went this way, but if they do then we will find a way.

Theres still like 10-15$ shipping... it ended up like 145$ with tax and stuff if i remember correctly, i have one thatvi may not ever end up using :/ i still cant find a driver

Three of these in a host might be cool, i have just the host too :)

Three of these in a host might be cool, i have just the host too :)

If you can get the 3 beams to run parallel that would be very cool indeed, but 3 sets of 3 all spreading out...I would be afraid to point it as beams would be going everywhere like a scatter gun.
I think I saw a pic where someone had the beams all running parallel, but I don't remember what they said they used.

Last edited:

He put it through a 5x beam expander, was podo. Somehow that made them more parallel.

I have some G7 lenses on the way from podo, tracking shows they have been stuck in New York for a week, the postal service has been slow lately.

They look like fun with a G2 style single element and a longer focal length like the 3element. G2 is 2.39mm FL where as 3element is 5.3mm FL the G7 is supposed to be arounf 6mmFL.

Yes I know we clip the ends of the highly divergent axis because of the limitation of our 12mm hosing with it's 9mm inner diameter, but that is the weaker part of the beam anyway. Wider modules with wider optics would be nice but the next generation may well be multi emitters in each diode.
A lot may change, but that could be a good thing, only time will tell.

podo has some good prices listed.

https://sites.google.com/site/hkfew5e22/accessories

Last edited:

@alaskan: look at a diagram for a beam expander. Usually after the furst lens, they are illustrated as two lines spreading out in a V (like the mits diode is by default), hitting the second lens, and becoming parallel. If you think about the shape of the optics, it makes sense.

So here's a question; could you collimate the diode with an aspheric, then use a relatively small PCX lens to make the two beams parallel and fairly close together?

Quote =Alaskan: He put it through a 5x beam expander, was podo. Somehow that made them more parallel. End Quote

@alaskan: look at a diagram for a beam expander. Usually after the furst lens, they are illustrated as two lines spreading out in a V (like the mits diode is by default), hitting the second lens, and becoming parallel. If you think about the shape of the optics, it makes sense.

So here's a question; could you collimate the diode with an aspheric, then use a relatively small PCX lens to make the two beams parallel and fairly close together?

Yea I know because A basic expander is a double concave then a doublet or bi convex and I don't see how that would straighten 2 beams headed away in a V shape without changing the beams focus as well.

I think you could use an aspheric then a very shallow cylindrical convex but a shallow PCX would change the focus of the beams as well wouldn't it?

One question is what is really coming out of the aspheric as there are 2 off center sources, what do the 2 beams really look like?

Last edited:

Quote =Alaskan: He put it through a 5x beam expander, was podo. Somehow that made them more parallel. End Quote

Yea I know because A basic expander is a double concave then a doublet or bi convex and I don't see how that would straighten 2 beams headed away in a V shape without changing the beams focus as well.

I think you could use an aspheric then a very shallow cylindrical convex but a shallow PCX would change the focus of the beams as well wouldn't it?

One question is what is really coming out of the aspheric as there are 2 off center sources, what do the 2 beams really look like?

http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/madness-mitsubishi-639nm-3w-twin-buster-updated-output-test-92332.html

ru124t

Hi guys,
I was looking to buy one of those cheap usb laser engravers. BTW gearbest just started carrying them. Anyway, I just came across this on ebay. If this is as good as it says it is, could I start a small laser engraving business with this? I used to do a lot of engraving using a manual machine about 20 years ago. Actually had a computer doing engraving back in the 80's as well. It had all its fonts on Atari 2600 type cartridges.
40W CO2 USB Laser Engraving Cutting Engraver Carving Machine With Water Pump | eBay

Sorry about being long winded but this sounds too good to be true!

Blair, hey buddy. I looked it over and if it still works it should do what you are trying to do. Seems like a reasonable price, too.

rhd