Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Anyone try these on our NUBM44 or NUBM07E diodes?
They are cheap enough, I will need 8 drivers when I get my block of 05T's
3 5W NDB7A75 445nm Blue Laser Diode LD Driver 4 5A Constant Current Slow Start | eBay

May I ask why these drivers and not one of lazeerer's drivers. I am asking because I am about to do a custom build host which will be able to use different diodes and drivers and I will be needing drivers for the same diodes you are using.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Why didn't you go to the Ebay resolution center? They are supposed to help with this kind of thing and is exactly what was behind the creation of Ebay...that is in terms of protecting both the buyer and the seller?

Re: ebay seller TCLE2745. Ebay could do nothing for the items which went past the date I could claim against the seller not sending them, as he kept putting me off until it was too late, but two other items which were not past that date I was able to recover funds for. I think that is why he became angry and then blocked me from being able to buy, his account was then closed and he reopened a new one under a slightly different spelling of his name in the next city over from where he was at.

Here's another laser power meter, looks nice, if it works:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coherent-2000-Power-Energy-Meter-and-201-Sensor-Laser-Sure-/252090758390

200mw to 200 watts?

Last edited:

From what I can tell, tcle2745 has never had more than one account at a time. I was buying mostly optics from him, never any drivers. I have several SXD drivers and I like them, but you must be careful with the pot, the top came off of one of mine when I abused it by turning it too far, or pressing down on it too hard, still not sure what I did wrong, but it all stemmed from using the wrong screw driver. Use the right tool and there should be no problem at all.

Here's another laser power meter which measures from 1 milliwatt (full scale!) to 10 watts, it's analog, but looks great to me and appears to work if it is showing some amount of power when set at a low setting like it is showing in one of the photo's:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCIENTECH-362-POWER-ENEGRY-METER-w-36001-HEAD-/191687539184

I don't know much about these meters, but I believe the serial number of both units must match to have the correct and calibrated head for it (although likely needing calibration again, the manufacturer doesn't calibrate models this old from what I heard). Best ask the seller what the serial numbers are first, maybe someone here knows more about this model to confirm this or not.

Last edited:

Re: ebay seller TCLE2745. Ebay could do nothing for the items which went past the date I could claim against the seller not sending them, as he kept putting me off until it was too late, but two other items which were not past that date I was able to recover funds for. I think that is why he became angry and then blocked me from being able to buy, his account was then closed and he reopened a new one under a slightly different spelling of his name in the next city over from where he was at.

Here's another laser power meter, looks nice, if it works:

Coherent 2000 Power Energy Meter and 201 Sensor Laser Sure | eBay

200mw to 200 watts?

That looks interesting. :) If it works that would be nice, very quality name as well. I bet it gets snatched up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I ask why these drivers and not one of lazeerer's drivers. I am asking because I am about to do a custom build host which will be able to use different diodes and drivers and I will be needing drivers for the same diodes you are using.

I may build my own, not linear but bucking limiters, however laser diodes are fragile and they don't like spikes or square waves, there's a lot that goes into it, a lasorb could help protect your LD but I'm basically doing a cost study.

I want to knife edge several diodes and I want a driver for each, as I would rather blow 1 than all if there's a problem. Now I have experienced some abnormalities that I cant say for 100% what the cause is so it would be unfair to guess.
I can get just what I want for more money, or I can take the time and build my own, but is it worth it?

If I can get 10 dollar a piece drivers from China that put out a stable 4.5 amps with a soft start then that's simple and cheaper.

I was asking to see if anyone else had used these and how well they worked, I may be using a lot over the months ahead and 10 dollars vs 30 dollars if I buy 50 of them over the next year adds up. I know all the old A series that I used the 7 dollar Chinese units for still work today, I expect they will do just fine, most of all I don't want the cheaper part killing the expensive part.

I really need to take the time and make what I want for myself, but I get lazy and just buy something as many of us do, but as our hobby is not getting any cheaper yet is as exciting as ever I have decisions to make and the more I can do for myself the better off I will be and the more fun I can have, but then there's the time vs. money factor to consider. Some people spend more time and more money doing it the hard way, so if cheap and simple works then I'm not going to fight it.

Last edited:

I currently have listed on eBay the following items in new condition. Buy it now's are essentially 65% of what the product was originally purchased for.

From Meredith Instruments:
FLASHLAMPs(2) for Nd:YAG LASER SSY-1 flash lamp pump...
CAVITY OPTICS & FRAME 4 SSY-1 NEODYMIUM YAG LASER output ... Lot of 2 Nd:YAG Laser rod 42mm x 3.5mm Neodymium diode dp...
FLASH CAVITY without Q-SWITCH for SSY-1 YAG LASER LAMP DP...

From Aixiz:
LASER SAFETY GOGGLES 190-532nm AixIZ
LASER SAFETY GOGGLES 625-850nm AixIZ

Here is a link to the items I currently have listed on eBay.
laughcry82 | eBay

Don't really know what's going on, I've been gone for a few days.

But if it helps, I've bought a number of optics from tcle2745 without problem. They always arrived on or before the scheduled delivery date, and he was very nice when I contacted him with questions. :D

He did for me too, probably something like 25-35 buys over a period of close to two years. Just don't let too much time go by to where you cant claim for non-delivery and I am sure he is fine to buy from, I learned not to do that the hard way, not everyone is 100 percent ethical 100 percent of the time.

Here's another item of interest, a triple prism assembly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231688344552

I offered 30, he countered 60. I don't think I will offer again on it, but for someone looking for something like this, maybe not a bad price, for thirty bucks I'd be happy to have it as a toy but don't have a need to pay that much for it at this time.

Another item of interest, LOT-OF-8-Adjustable-Stage-Mount-Lab-Optical-Diode-Laser-Beam-Assembly-Modules

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-8-Ad...ode-Laser-Beam-Assembly-Module-2/111771236867

And.... one more: Pair of GS 3008005 Laser Mirror Controllers w/ Dual Mount jy 60 E12
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-GS-...trollers-w-Dual-Mount-jy-60-E12-/141534220711

Last edited:

Same. I just bough two modules and he shipped them without delay. Will be sharing later :)

Last edited:

I've been off for a few months and I was surprised how much the 520nm diodes have dropped in price.

Imagine how fast business for 520nm 1 watt lasers will pick up if they come down another 50 percent!

From what I can tell, tcle2745 has never had more than one account at a time. I was buying mostly optics from him, never any drivers. I have several SXD drivers and I like them, but you must be careful with the pot, the top came off of one of mine when I abused it by turning it too far, or pressing down on it too hard, still not sure what I did wrong, but it all stemmed from using the wrong screw driver. Use the right tool and there should be no problem at all.

Here's another laser power meter which measures from 1 miliwatt (full scale!) to 10 watts, it's analog, but looks great to me and appears to work if it is showing some amount of power when set at a low setting like it is showing in one of the photo's:

Scientech 362 Power Enegry Meter w 36001 Head | eBay

I don't know much about these meters, but I believe the serial number of both units must match to have the correct and calibrated head for it (although likely needing calibration again, the manufacturer doesn't calibrate models this old from what I heard). Best ask the seller what the serial numbers are first, maybe someone here knows more about this model to confirm this or not.

He sold it. If you happen to see one that you think is a good deal, if you have the time, please PM me. You and others that have been using/building/learning about lasers for quite awhile and I appreciate learning form all of you.

As the optical power of these diodes is increasing at a quick pace, I want an LPM (or maybe just the head if I could put together the electronics,) that measure up to 10 or 15 W....question is whether or not going that high one loses sensitivity at the lower end.

Last edited:

Imagine how fast business for 520nm 1 watt lasers will pick up if they come down another 50 percent!

It's the old bell shaped curve, but they are picking off the can't waits first.

I made a lowball offer on some the other day and got back a counter offer, it was lower than the going price by a fair amount and if I played the back and forth game, well.
Maybe everyone sitting on their hands is what it will take, because I believe they are going into media units as that is what they were made for, especially the 8 block Gballs, they are made for media units.

Two things I will bet money on, #1 they go up in power, #2 they come down in price.
Why pump a phosphor wheel when you can junk all that and get a better quality image with less optics. Optics are expensive and imperfect.
I know they make all LED units, but there's an advantage to laser diodes in media projectors, image quality will be greatly improved when they use a single RGB, and then everyone will be buying the biggest projector they can get, so many homeowners will want a football arena projector LOL

They make a profit on all of this, what do you think the diode cost them?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/520nm-1000m...GHT-12V-TTL-/231528617960?hash=item35e82e57e8

Last edited:

I'm wondering if that unit really has a NDG7475T in it, but I know they can be had cheaper than some sellers in the U.S. list them at, I bought four NDG7475T diodes from a guy in Taiwan and they turned out to be the real thing, not the NDG700 which can be pushed to only 1000mw (if I can say "only").

I paid $180 each for my NDG7475T green 520nm diodes but probably because I bought so many at one time, if you are wanting one give this guy an offer of $200, he might take it and you can get a full 1.5+ watts out at 2.4 amps, at least, mine do.

Ebay seller uschen_pvle0ilx7: Nichia 1W NDG7475T 520nm 1000mW 9mm Green Laser Diode 1 Piece | eBay

Last edited: