Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help troubleshooting my design...

I was checking out 8x blu-ray burners on ebay. I know I can get a diode from one of them.

I just want to clarify that it has to be a 8x blu-ray burner not an 8x blu-ray ROM. am I correct in saying this

Niros 7

I love it......

gives me an idea for a new credit card commercial.....it goes something like this

New maglight.................................10 dollars

new pioneer 12x blu-ray burner......... 215 dollars

taring open the package when you get it so you can destroy your new 12x blu-ray burner and extract the diodes in it.................................................Priceless

:D

BTW so far we have been talking about the blu-ray...as I mentioned in my first post I also bought 4

of the SLD1236VL for this seller

If you go to the ebay link he has a link posted for the data sheet.... it says that the operating current is 130mA.....I burned one of these out too at 322.

But my machinist friends pointer I gave him at 302mA is working just fine and he said he had it running for over a minuite.

what do you guys recommend for a optimal current for the SLD1236VL

ok i just saw the spreadsheet of this diode. Its a 16x DVD burner..i know nothing about those little things, but someone else might explain what currents it can withstand.

just use the search button for 16x or go to the red lazor topic.

Although I don't know anything about that particular 16X diode....I can say that 280mA to 300mA is what I usually set a 16X diode at at.

that pretty much explains why my friends pointer we made set at 300mA hasn't burned up yet...he said he ran it for over 1 min with no problems and its still working just fine

iskor12 any idea...... ballpark what kind of mW i would get with the current set at 280-300mA on that 16x.

Well... the seller got back to me a quoted the specs on his auction and said
I should reduce those powers by 10-20% if I wanted it to last...

I sent him another question stating that he didn't answer my original
question as to which model sled his LD came out of...

He replied with It is the 6x. Still not what I asked... seems a little
too elusive for my tastes...

Jerry

the seller got back to me and I have to say he had no intention of ripping me off. like I said before... he has been really courteous and has responded to all my questions in a timely manner. if he was just looking to beat me he would not have responded at all. right now were trying to work something out to replace one of the blu-rays.

as for the red LD's he sold me they were brand new never used and he did provide the specs in his listing and for a 16x my buddies is still working under a 300mA current just like you guys suggest.

So I have to say this experience has been a good one so far....I learned a lot and with out the help of the guys and girls (not sure if they are any on here but have to mention them too I don't want to be thought of as discriminatory LOL) on this forum I would be pulling my hair out right now.

:D

thanks everybody

niros 7

iskor12 any idea...... ballpark what kind of mW i would get with the current set at 280-300mA on that 16x.
About 180 to 210mW (SLD1239JL-54 is a 16X diode)
Red20Diode20Graph20-20All.jpg