Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Monster 6+ watt Laser Build Has Started !

Nice build redcowboy, I love how robotic your builds are. Show us your beam shots :D

I will when I get it done, the one on the right in this pic has the 6X in it and it will reach out to the back fence and burn where the others with just 3 elements and 3X's struggle past 50 feet, now at the 20 foot mark it's really fun, but I still want to cube a pair and I am more than ready for a single 40w diode, but as always laser fans, SAFETY FIRST. :beer:

p.s. I do hold one in each hand and 12 watts in place of 6 makes a quite noticeable difference in lighting stubborn cardboard boxes. :eg:

54834d1487589225-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-.jpg

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
You're still waiting for parts?

I just ordered a NUBM44/47 from DTR and a 4.5a SXD, the 44 is the best repurposed MM projector diode in my opinion.

Here's a sneak peak at a build that I could have made more compact, but I like long duty cycles once the fun starts, it will run 3 x 26650's, a well heat sinked SXD and a 44 with a 6X cyl pair and a 3X BE, it's not my first set up of this RX, I use podo's G2 and 3X and it will set cardboard on fire across my backyard at 75 feet, and it's even more fun up close scorching and slicing, I really should be doing a double soon.

54828d1487586069-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-sany0273.jpg

Man you could kill someone with that thing...
And I don't mean when it's turned 'ON'....:eek:

p.s. I do hold one in each hand and 12 watts in place of 6 makes a quite noticeable difference in lighting stubborn cardboard boxes. :eg:

54834d1487589225-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-.jpg

Is that a GPS antenna on the Laser to the left ???:whistle:

Jerry

I like that aluminum, nice looking stuff. Looking forward to seeing that laser burn something :)

Please forgive the double post, I don't do it often. Accutrontis, did you pay DTR for that module yet? As soon as you do, I will pay for the black buck.

Edit: I asked the DTR LPF google laser shop to send me an invoice for the BB, I will pay as soon as you order the module from him.

Last edited:
Please forgive the double post, I don't do it often. Accutrontis, did you pay DTR for that module yet? As soon as you do, I will pay for the black buck.

Edit: I asked the DTR LPF google laser shop to send me an invoice for the BB, I will pay as soon as you order the module from him.

i was thinking he already ordered the module on monday or something or its coming on monday, your paying for the driver hmmm let me check i may need some parts :friend:

I'd go for the M462 myself, just because I like the color and already have a NUBM44 pointer. The M462 will have better divergence by FAR, but the NUBM44 burns stuff really well. The NUBM44 has horrible divergence, I think we calculated it at about 12 mRad (Edit: with a G2 lens). Expand the beam to over 1 inch and I still think the divergence is far too much. For my likes, the amount of beam spreading is only acceptable when expanded to 2 inches for a divergence which should be close to 1.5 mRad, 2.5 inches would be even better.

When expanding the beam that much, of course, the beam will be really fat and not a burner, unless you can focus it down to a small spot with an adjustable focus mechanism. Another problem with the 44 is it really needs correction so it isn't a big wide bar, RedCowBoy corrected his with a 6X cylinder pair, but then for reduced divergence requires adding a two lens expander for a total of 5 lenses, instead of just using a single long focal length large diameter lens for less loss. I am sure he is only into its burning power, so as long as he can focus it to a point he is happy, divergence isn't a problem for him. I like to do long distance spotting, or night sky beaming, so divergence is important to me. You probably already know all of this, I'm writing it for the folk who are just starting out in the hobby.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-21%20at%209.02.03%20PM.png

Last edited:
the NUBM44 i never use because of the diversity only used it to make some videos all the new kids always ask for a 7W hehe , your correct the M462 is a nice color you relay can tell the difference side by side
imagine getting a 405nm at 5W+ :takeit:

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I love pretty beams and awesome colors, but so many people overlook the potential of the 44, with all the people machining parts why more haven't used a 44 with a DTR G2 and a 6X CYL pair I don't know, it just takes 35mm of space in front of the G2.

Yes I build big run all day pyro toys, but to put a 6X pair in front of a 44/G2 could be compact and it's able to produce a line like a m-140 only brighter and much stronger......Yes it will get hot faster.

Look at these beam diameters, one is rotated 90 degrees from the other so you can see both profiles of the beam, these 44's with G2's and 6X pairs look like super strong m-140's and they don't need to be anywhere near as big as these. A MX-900 with a 2 inch long head would do it just fine for 60 second runs.

Ya, the 44 is impressive, with a 6X cylinder pair even better. Here is a video I made (video time) of my NUBM44 showing how it can be focused down to a very fine point. Wish I had the cylinder pairs on it, this is just the raw output of the diode mounted in a host without a lens which is being shot into a projector lens to both collimate the beam as well as allow focal point adjustment (by moving the host closer, or further away) down to a fine point.

Here is the same pointer before I bought it with a G2 lens in it, this is a EHgemus host, wish he was still making them.

Alien laser sold that EHgemus NUMB44 pointer to me after what happened when he pointed it at a UFO, as you can see in his sig.

Last edited:

i seen many of your videos and its amazing 60sec its a long run time for the 44 :wave:

-->> Alasken nice host :na:

Last edited:
Accutrontis, did you pay DTR for that module yet? As soon as you do, I will pay for the black buck.

What happened to accutronitis?

Hey Ailen Laser, what kind of watch do you wear? Do you own any Accutrons?

Last edited: