Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Monster 6+ watt Laser Build Has Started !

CLICK>>>> 2pc ?30x?25mm Aluminum 6061 Round Tube OD30mm ID25mm Any LengthTubing Tooling T6 | eBay

NOTE: When you sand and test fit parts be sure to have some thermal grease on the parts so they don't seize together or you may destroy then trying to get them apart, you can rotate gently as you assemble to find a natural mate but if you feel it start to grab at all twist and pull it apart right away so you don't seize, at least you have 2 dissimilar materials, copper/aluminum, if it was copper and copper that would grab like mad.
WOW why didn't I think of that ? :thinking: :thanks:

It just doesn't get any better than this find RedC:beer: shoot have another it's Saturday:beer:
No doubt, With such a easy fix can this still be called genus ??? LOL IDK but I'm still calling it that !

What has happened to this thread guys.

It seems like people are having fun to me and above all else that's what I like to see in my threads, Let just leave it at that and leave it alone........

Last edited:
I just bought and ate this pizza (not the one in the gif but one exactly like it) I could only eat two pieces before I was full
ocNZB2w.gif

CLICK>>>> 2pc ?30x?25mm Aluminum 6061 Round Tube OD30mm ID25mm Any LengthTubing Tooling T6 | eBay

NOTE: When you sand and test fit parts be sure to have some thermal grease on the parts so they don't seize together or you may destroy then trying to get them apart, you can rotate gently as you assemble to find a natural mate but if you feel it start to grab at all twist and pull it apart right away so you don't seize, at least you have 2 dissimilar materials, copper/aluminum, if it was copper and copper that would grab like mad.

THANK YOU SO MUCH it's on it's way !

Yes but I still have to press the aluminum/aluminum tube and heat sink (I think even worst than the copper and copper) BUT being as I am a aviation mech I'm very familiar with aluminum and its properties so thank you for the warning AND again THANKS for the tubing !!!

NOW all I have to do is buy the 6W NUBM44 450nm 25mm Copper Laser Module W/Blackbuck Laser Driver from DTR and THANKS to Alaskan's generous offer I can now afford it ! THANKS Alaskan !

Last edited:
I just bought and ate this pizza (not the one in the gif but one exactly like it) I could only eat two pieces before I was full
ocNZB2w.gif
That's not a Pizza..
It's a warm Cheese cake with cherry sauce on top..:D

Jerry

BobMc

Ok , been reading to much about pizza. Got my mouth watering, if I bring the hot sauce can I grab a slice ????? :)

I was just thinking about how much money I have invested in my Green Monster build and so far for everything excluding the 6W NUBM44 450nm 25mm Copper Laser Module W/Blackbuck Laser Driver from DTR I've yet to buy, The grand total including 2ea 22650 Li-ion batteries is very close to $20.00 dollars !!! How's that for a budget build ?!

Ok , been reading to much about pizza. Got my mouth watering, if I bring the hot sauce can I grab a slice ????? :)
What happened to your "My collection" in your sig ? There's nothing listed ?

Last edited:

BobMc

Accutronitis; What happened to your "My collection" in your sig ? There's nothing listed ?[/QUOTE said:
I had some of it listed for a couple of days, I deleted it, because it was just to long. Thought about making a post in "my collection" but don't think you realize how much work that involves. I might put it in in chapters. It would take quite a lot of time to post them all. Count wise probably 150-200, best guess????~~~~~edit, not counting the non-working ones.

Last edited:
I had some of it listed for a couple of days, I deleted it, because it was just to long. Thought about making a post in "my collection" but don't think you realize how much work that involves. I might put it in in chapters. It would take quite a lot of time to post them all. Count wise probably 150-200, best guess????~~~~~edit, not counting the non-working ones.
OMG really ?! Oh wow I had no idea someone might have so many completed lasers in a collection ! Just speaking for myself if I had such a extinctive collection I would just list the most impressive lasers in a semi short list in my sig and when time allowed I would try to list everything in a "My Collection" post......

BobMc

OMG really ?! Oh wow I had no idea someone might have so many completed lasers in a collection ! Just speaking for myself if I had such a extinctive collection I would just list the most impressive lasers in a semi short list in my sig and when time allowed I would try to list everything in a "My Collection" post......

I'll think about making a post in the collection thread. But I like my signature to be short, seems to make things easier, for me anyways. ~~~~~edit, if you want to see some that I have, go back and check out some of my previous posts. You'll get a look at a couple 3 dozen or so?

Last edited:
I'll think about making a post in the collection thread. But I like my signature to be short, seems to make things easier, for me anyways. ~~~~~edit, if you want to see some that I have, go back and check out some of my previous posts. You'll get a look at a couple 3 dozen or so?
Ya I understand wanting to keeping your sig short, I've seen sigs a mile long and after a few posts in just one thread that mile long sig gets to be a real pain in the #@$ for anyone else trying to work their way through the thread ! lol

Last edited:
You're still waiting for parts?

I just ordered a NUBM44/47 from DTR and a 4.5a SXD, the 44 is the best repurposed MM projector diode in my opinion.

Here's a sneak peak at a build that I could have made more compact, but I like long duty cycles once the fun starts, it will run 3 x 26650's, a well heat sinked SXD and a 44 with a 6X cyl pair and a 3X BE, it's not my first set up of this RX, I use podo's G2 and 3X and it will set cardboard on fire across my backyard at 75 feet, and it's even more fun up close scorching and slicing, I really should be doing a double soon.

By getting rid of the factory springboard I don't need the extra battery tube extension that's hard to find, I've also started to rebuild the tail cap with a much tougher switch, not that the factory switch is bad, they work fine, but when I start combining 2 diodes I think it will be a good idea.

I also may add a little led voltmeter to monitor the battery sag under load, it really shows which cells are the toughest.

54827d1487586069-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-sany0272.jpg

54828d1487586069-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-sany0273.jpg

54829d1487586069-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-sany0275.jpg

54830d1487586069-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-sany0277.jpg

54832d1487587006-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-sany0281.jpg

54831d1487586647-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-sany0092.jpg

I will put my diode module/heatsink and 6x cyl pair in the box so I can change it out later if I want to, and it will be easier to align with the 3X BE that's getting mounted on the front.
54833d1487588269-my-monster-6-watt-laser-build-has-started-sany0247.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0272.JPG
    SANY0272.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 196
  • SANY0273.JPG
    SANY0273.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 253
  • SANY0275.JPG
    SANY0275.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 165
  • SANY0277.JPG