Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Multi-element GB (official)

Hey guys,

Regarding the elements, I have good news and bad news. The good news is, I have a backup supplier for bismuth, gallium, and possibly tin, and I still have the selenium and tellurium at my house. The bad news is, I have not been able to find cadmium, tungsten, or indium at reasonable prices (in other words, I would lose money by buying them and reselling them at my listed prices), which is something I cannot afford right now. However, I can pursue the mentioned elements if you would like, and I will do my best to get these to you in as timely a manner as possible. I am sorry for all of this trouble, and I hope that things end up working out for all of you.

I can talk to you all individually so that you can decide what would be best for you; to wait it out, have me order the elements that I am able to obtain right now and refund the rest, or to fully refund your money. Please send me a PM if you would like some or all of your money refunded; I want to help you guys as much as I can, and that's what makes this a GB rather than a for sale post.

-Mark

-Mark

Benm

Sounds like good news for me since i only ordered the bismuth. Will your alternative supplier be able to provide it for the same price?

Yes, I can supply the bismuth at the same price. I will not change prices on any of these elements, as I feel that would be dishonest. However, I am unsure of the purity of these new sources; I will have to look into this.

Thanks,
Mark

Benm

Sounds good.. i don't need the bismuth ultrapure, if its >99%, please go ahead and order.

Krutz

nice work!
i think everyone would agree that its fair to adjust the price. i see no dishonesty, you had to change the supplier and got different prices for yourself. ..and since you offer anyone to cancel his order..

ah, if you ever get indium.. i'll be watching this thread! :)
and tungsten! yay!

thank you for all this!

manuel

Jaseth

Since I only ordered gallium, bismuth and tellurium, this means no change for me then? :)
Very good job Mark, I am glad to be dealing with such an honest guy and very happy that you found another dealer and may be able to get some of all the stress out of your mind. If this ships within about 4 weeks I will still live at the same address, so there should be no problems :)
Thanks for everything!

Sebastian

ohada

Hey Mark,

Instead of refunding my 25$ for the Indium, please order me an extra 1 pound and 4 troy ounces of Bismuth, so you can update my total order to:

- Bismuth: 2 pounds and 4 troy ounces.
- Tin: 1 pound.

I appreciate your efforts, I imagine this is quite a head-ache for you,

Thanks,
Ohad

Mark --

What a mess you have there. I'm in no rush. Try to make some profit from this.

Mike

Great news!

I have gotten into contact with my seller. I looked up their phone number and placed a call this morning. I will be paying later tonight. However, they say that it will take them a few days to fabricate the bismuth beads, so we will have to wait a little longer. Sorry about that. However, this means that all orders can be fully filled! I will keep you updated on the status as I receive updates.

-Mark

Too bad I just now found this thread. If anyone ends up with more Gallium than they need, I'd be glad to buy it off you :D

UPDATE: I have sent payment to my supplier for all the elements. He says that it will take a few days to manufacture the bismuth beads. I will let you know as more updates come.

-Mark