Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton 445nm 1.2W Peaks at 1.6 almost 1.7W

xuen7

Maybe i can solve your problems temporary? PM me on your reduced price.

He!! Ken... you're going to be late with the rent...
Hope you sell it soon...:yh:

Jerry

Kenom

I got a notification that there was a post after my "still available" post, but I don't see anything. Wonder why it let me know when there was nothing there.

DJNY

I got a notification that there was a post after my "still available" post, but I don't see anything. Wonder why it let me know when there was nothing there.

Maybe it was just spam and got deleted..

Btw, good luck with your sale! If I hadn´t so many 445nm´s laying around, I would jump on this Kryton within 1sec.

Last edited:

anselm

"Someone" attempted a troll, but Kenom didn't take the bait.;)
Good luck with your sale, man
Pity the market for 1W blues is pretty saturated these days....

Kenom

"Someone" attempted a troll, but Kenom didn't take the bait.;)
Good luck with your sale, man
Pity the market for 1W blues is pretty saturated these days....

Hmm, I don't see anything. It must be blocked from the few people I've put on my ignore list.

plexus

Hi Kenom. What lens and driver is in this laser? looks very nice!

Kenom

it's not a 405-g-1, nor an aixiz 405, but is one of the new 445nm lenses sold by another member here on the forum. I can't recall his name, but I will find it and add it in a minute.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/405-445-3-element-glass-lenses-7-50-ea-60561.html

The driver is a lm1117 fixed to 1.3A driver with a monster heatsink on the driver. As a result of the efficient cooling of the driver it increases the output current of the driver and it puts out upwards of 1.4A -1.5A

DSC00073.JPG

Last edited:

JLSE

Is that LD fully pressed? At such a high current, you may want to squeeze that
puppy in a bit further...

Some paste might be a good idea as well.. A 'direct press' set up is a good one
but it kinda defeats the purpose if there is little contact between the LD and its mount.

Kenom

it's in all the way and thermal paste is used. Trust me this baby is heatsinked plenty well.

It looks like the diode is sticking out of the head but it's really not. As a result of the bevel on the pocket you can see down to the side of the diode.

JLSE

I zoomed it for a closer look.. It looks to me that the LD may be covered
possibly 50-60% by the metal. If it was fully pressed, you would not be able
to see the side.. Or am I missing something :thinking:

For sake of curiosity, I measured a 445 LD's thickness of the flat part of the
body.. Its 1.22mm...

With such little to grab as it is, it may be better to drill the mount out just
a snag deeper.

The power these things take, it cant possibly hurt using up as much
real estate as available.

A good design ive seen with IR mounts from DX greenies is a deep pocket
that the LD sits in. IIRC it was like 10mm deep.

I go as far as heatsinking the pins and the rear of the LD's case to use as
much surface area as possible.

I cant say weather it makes a huge difference or not, but if it helps..
I say why not :beer:

3CMj2yqfn3nSMjW9gWHcyJr2v.jpg

it's in all the way and thermal paste is used. Trust me this baby is heatsinked plenty well.

It looks like the diode is sticking out of the head but it's really not. As a result of the bevel on the pocket you can see down to the side of the diode.

Kenom

nah the pocket on these is not deep enough with the added bevel to COMPLETELY sink the diode into the pocket below the bevel. So what your seeing is probably 6% of the side of the diode.

I do plan on increasing the depth just a little for all the others so that it sits completely down below the bevel. The one pictured was the first one I'd ever pressed in and the pocket is incredibly tight. I didn't want to damage the diode by trying to press it in any further (not that it would have been able to)

a traditional diode is 5.54mm wide at the largest, and 1.38mm deep. The pocket on the heads are 5.4mm wide and 1.5mm deep. the bevel ends at .33mm down. So if we subtract the bevel from the entire depth of 1.5mm that leaves us with only 1.17mm of actual diode coverage. This means that of the total depth, .21mm of the diode is going to be uncovered. The diode stopper (which prevents the diode from going all the way through), is only .5mm long so there's not a whole lot of room to remove material and make the pocket go deeper

Last edited:

JLSE

Gotcha... Im still amazed with these diodes. Such punch in such a tiny
package. looks like some serious cooling on the driver too :D I like the
copper sinks, must get some of those.

xuen7

Hey dude its me again.. I know i know its good to finally see a post from a potential buyer instead of your builder buddies that use this thread to be a free chatting zone.. haha ( directed only at wannaburn ) anyways if you still remember i posted once with regards to purchasing your laser... Sorry for replying only now.. i just assumed you sold it off and therefore did not reply me.. I just saw your reply to me among others and it slipped me... anyways i was hoping you could get back to me and maybe we could work some sort of a deal out?