Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay is back guys D:

I don't really know who this dude is... other than the rep he has floating around here. I also happen to not care about this video of his little project. If you are downrange looking into the beam, it would seem there are other high-velocity projectiles to be more concerned with... plus, Eudaimonium is right regarding the shock degradation of the DPSS construction I would think.

At any rate, the answer to fixing public awareness issues caused by either misinformation from high-view count YouTubers or companies like WickedLasers - who regardless of their history of customer service or build quality, have a tremendous marketing engine driving their brand - is not to slander or try to down-post, neg-rep, emo-rage-quit-unsub, etc. It is to counter the information available with good, positive, and educational material so that people have a resource to go to learn the right way.

Pointing fingers and complaining about something doesn't fix it... so unless folks are willing to take the time to produce content for public consumption that balanced and correct to counter the rubbish out there, the best policy is to simply ingore and not feed the machine. Negative publicity is still publicity... and once someone is digging through old videos of utter disregard for safety, it won't matter if they got there from a negative link or a positive one.

Proactively be part of the solution or just starve 'em out... my two cents :)

Last edited:

Yet he uses a 2W laser on his :crackup: Anyway, if you see his other vides he isn't really mindful of laser safety.

His highly liberal interpretations of laser safety aside, my beef with him is over not one, but several of his videos where he destroys expensive iPhones and iPads with expensive lasers.

That's it. No point, no final punchline, no meaning, no sense, no anything. He just up and unpacks a brand new phone, and proceeds to burn a hole through it with lasers.

There are people riding gold plated Lamborginies with less self-entitlement issues than this guy.

Yet he uses a 2W laser on his :crackup: Anyway, if you see his other vides he isn't really mindful of laser safety.

Are you telling me that the green laser he put on his AR-15 is 2W? Its defiantly <100mW

His highly liberal interpretations of laser safety aside, my beef with him is over not one, but several of his videos where he destroys expensive iPhones and iPads with expensive lasers.

That's it. No point, no final punchline, no meaning, no sense, no anything. He just up and unpacks a brand new phone, and proceeds to burn a hole through it with lasers.

There are people riding gold plated Lamborginies with less self-entitlement issues than this guy.
Im not a fan of kipkay in anyway. But I say if you can afford it, more power to you. If he wants to destroy something he bought I don't see the problem.

Last edited:
But when our members do it some how its justified.

Because members on here know how to handle 100mW in a safe manner and make sure nobody(human being,animals) will get hurt.

This guy, just slaps a 100mW laser on a rifle and is having fun aiming it down his sights..

See the diff? :undecided:

Because members on here know how to handle 100mW in a safe manner and make sure nobody(human being,animals) will get hurt.

This guy, just slaps a 100mW laser on a rifle and is having fun aiming it down his sights..

See the diff? :undecided:

No, just because you are a member of a certain forum doesn't entitle you to things that other people can't do. And just because you are not a member doesn't mean you are not responsible. I would sure hope if someone owns a gun they are responsible.

No, just because you are a member of a certain forum doesn't entitle you to things that other people can't do. And just because you are not a member doesn't mean you are not responsible. I would sure hope if someone owns a gun they are responsible.

Of course, what I meant was that if anyone on here is going to be taking a picture of himself with a rifle with a 100mW laser on it it most likely will be a responsible member.

Im sure there are many other responsible laser owners out there who aren't on the forums, and I am not bashing on them. They can do as they wish, all Im saying is that his "choice of rifle/laser" is unsafe since he most-likely dosen't have as much knowledge on lasers as he claims he does if he thinks this is alright.

Of course, what I meant was that if anyone on here is going to be taking a picture of himself with a rifle with a 100mW laser on it it most likely will be a responsible member.

Im sure there are many other responsible laser owners out there who aren't on the forums, and I am not bashing on them. They can do as they wish, all Im saying is that his "choice of rifle/laser" is unsafe since he most-likely dosen't have as much knowledge on lasers as he claims he does if he thinks this is alright.

Still not seeing the problem. Can you let me know something. Is this safe?

IMG_0078_zps0aa26ed4.jpg

Good, because that pic I posted above was a fellow member's gun. See for yourself here Its funny how some people are so against something until one of their own does it.

I wouldn't count on all gun owners being responsible... nor would I expect all laser owners to be responsible...