Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goodbye to all. It was nice meeting everyone!

I lost my place and my job in the same week long long ago-thought I had to way out no car either just a Yamaha 650.. A freind lent a hand I tried to stay positive and in a short time I landed a job as an apartment assistant maintenance man. It came with a one bedroom as part of the pay. Things got better and I never looked back. Chin up -I'm here if you want to bend my ear.

Len

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
sry to here this jeff hang in there man.. sent you a PM
peace
-ave

Legally you have some rights, but no receipts for cash paid may screw you in the long run. In most states he has to give you 30 days, regardless if you rent or not. You obviously live there. If you had receipts you could appeal to the courts and they often give you more time if you're a hardship.

I'd get a storage unit to store your needful things, and eBay, or Craiglist the rest. This way you can get a vehicle. Cars are real important for obvious reasons, and should be your first priority. Hell you can get a van, and live in that till you get your act straight. This way you have a way to get a better job, do errands, ect.

Toke

I have recently had 3+ months of unemployment and can tell you that things tend to look up eventually, even if it does not seem so in the middle of it.

I still wish you better times Jeff-but must ask why yesterday you inquired about a 300$ laser FS??? That $$ would be better spent on a van as T_J suggested. I lived an entire summer out of one with my dog and her 6 puppies.

Also aside from eekBay and Craigs list the are Yahoo groups where you can offer stuff FS at no charge to list it.

you should also consider making up with your Dad. He may be thinking that you needed a serving of 'Tough Love'.
I have been there and done that too. Burning bridges is not always a great idea.

Keep all your options open.

GL--hak

Legally you have some rights, but no receipts for cash paid may screw you in the long run. In most states he has to give you 30 days, regardless if you rent or not. You obviously live there. If you had receipts you could appeal to the courts and they often give you more time if you're a hardship.

I'd get a storage unit to store your needful things, and eBay, or Craiglist the rest. This way you can get a vehicle. Cars are real important for obvious reasons, and should be your first priority. Hell you can get a van, and live in that till you get your act straight. This way you have a way to get a better job, do errands, ect.

All he needs is bills coming to the house for him and that his mail address has been there for how ever long. Proof of residency

You are Owed by law 30 Days, if you wanted to push it. But keep your job and you should be fine.

I still wish you better times Jeff-but must ask why yesterday you inquired about a 300$ laser FS??? That $$ would be better spent on a van as T_J suggested.

Maybe the $hit hadn't hit the fan yet... or sunk in...:beer:

Jerry

Ham I had my doubts about this whole paperwork thing... but when I came home and seen the paperwork on the table I knew it was all not a game anymore... When I say game... it wasn't just words anymore... it was serious. To be a buit more specific... I am buying my time.. I was not officially served my paperwork yet... I wont be home till Thursday .... and I also need my liscense before I can drive a vehicle.... I wish it were just as simple as buying a van... :(

To Morgan.... I plan to hang on to this job with my life... my friend I am living with is also my ride back and fourth.... he is having his own issues right not as we speak.... car troubles to be specific..

Also today I will be talking to an attourney to find out my rights and Thursday I go home to speak with my dad and will be officially served my paperwork.... my sister isat my house and she keeps me up to date on what is happening at home.

I was aware of this paperwork being filed and at that time I offered for the laser I felt my dad was just mad and everything would be ok like it usually was... Not that I didn't intend to buy a laser. But... at this time there wasn't anything real serious going on and everything was pretty normal. Most people assured me he'd be calm and not do anything rash like what is going on.

If you don't want to it's fine. I just would love to understand the exact conversation you had with him and what brought it to this point. I understand if you don't want to say...

Since your not the only person to ask. Ill write you all an essay. I was not looking forward to do it but so maybe you can all get at least a clearer picture It shall be done. Please if you want specific things... let me know because there were many things that helped this situation and please be aware... there were alot of swear words said.... This is going to take quite a while to post so please bare with me.

If you don't want to it's fine. I just would love to understand the exact conversation you had with him and what brought it to this point. I understand if you don't want to say...

I'd say he has shared enough details with us.... :cool:

Jerry

You dont need a license to register a van. I had 4 cars, and ~5 motorcycles before I finally got my license at 18. And I never got my bike license and still drove bikes till I was ~35. As long as you obey the rules you dont have to worry about it. I'm not saying to do anything illegal, but if you truly are facing living on the street its a better option.

I was homeless a few times, and lived in a '74 Camaro for over a month once. It allowed me to keep my job, and finally get housing. I've squatted too, but only recommend that as a last resort.

About having an address. You can get a PO box and still use your old address. You just have to have all your mail forwarded to the PO box.

I'd say he has shared enough details with us.... :cool:

Jerry

Thats why I worded that the way it was. if hes don't want to say something thats fine, I was just curious and thought maybe with more heads thinking about the conversation he can come off with a better perspective or just a different one. And maybe we can help with him with getting kicked out for sure or not. Or help with more information on what he can legally do.

I'm not trying to be nosy just thought with more information we might be able to help better in some aspect. ?

Ok here it is... Im not sure where to start...

I can say this... i could write a book about my parents. Just a breif overview of history... Unfortunately i was mentally and verbally abused most of my life. Because of how bad my life i was i ended up getting put in places i didnt need to be like emotional support classes (aka sp. ed. classes ect) I ended up going away for 2 years of my life for hitting teachers and blah blah and i came back a new person... the person you all know today. It taught me alot and gave me a new outlook on life... i was an angry child but when i went away i learned how to better put up with the stress at my house.... To this day i still deal with it.

Anyhow... back on track... a few weeks ago my dad was asking me to take our coal ashes and get rid of them.... i told him sure. I dont like taking the ashes.... not because its a chore but because my dad makes me dump them in the city property... Im not a lawyer or anything but dumping (anything) on property that is NOT yours is illegal... I told him this and he assured me several times its legal and not to worry.... "other people do it". Im not other people and i said to him that i rell do not feel comfortable doing it... he told me "even if i got in trouble he would pay my fines".... I told him sure thats fine and dandy and all but when and if i am reconsided as a dumper.... people will call the police.... and eventually ill go to jail.... he said (jeffrey! I told you its CLEAN FILL! YOU WONT GET IN TROUBLE!" well disgusted with the fact i was getting no where... i told him "ok dad you know EVERYTHING" well i "KNOW" i pissed him off.... (i told him this because i can never be right about anything... even when i am this is what my dad tells me)

So after that ordeal we come to "eviction day"

We have had some trouble here in there since the last story.... but nothing a normal family doesnt bicker about... leaving things out and lights on.. Im 100% positive there is nobody who never forgot to shut a light off... I just tend to do it often... and i tent to lose track of what im doing easily.... and leave things lay... like my moutain bike by the steps... So enough of sidetracked LOL... Monday is when the huge fight broke loose.... i didnt go to work that day because my friend i am staying with.... his car broke down... he never called and yadayada... well about 4:00 (me and him work till 3:30) he stopped by to explain what happend.... well meanwhile.... his car was smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well we ran out and long story short.... his car overheated and there was about a gallon of antifreeze on the ground... well again long story short he got towed and my dad came home from work and was not pleased that there was antifreeze on the ground..

This is where everything starts....

He said: jeffrey you cant just leave that antifreeze there. The cats will eat it and die...
I said: Yes i know ill clean it.
He said: Ok

I then went outside and threw about 4 buckets of water on it... not on it.... but i "threw it" so it would wash away into the ditch down the street...

I came back inside and all was good for a while and my dad said...

He said: jeffrey, you made sure there is no antifreeze there right?

I said: yes.. i threw 4 buckets of water down and washed it away.... theres none that i can visibily see. it was gone with two buckets and i threw two more to make sure it was gone.

He said: theres no standing water right? Because no matter how many buckets you throw the antifreeze will still be there.

I said: well.... theres a puddle there where the neighbor parks the car... but i made sure there was none... i threw alot of water and washed it into the ditch..

He said: *pissed off look* jeffrey you cant just throw 4 buckets of water down...

I said: well what do you want me to do? *i gave him a confused look*

He said: *he stared at me like im stupid for a few seconds* jeffrey i told you what to do already...

I said: dad... there is no antifreze....

He said: *he said with a REAL bad attitude* ok so when the cats DIE you can dig the holes!

I said: okay? *with a confused look* *i paused for a few seconds... we were looking at each other in the eyes for a few seconds...* so?... what do you want me to do?

He said: *yells* I FUCKING TOLD YOU WHAT DO TO! YOU KNOW WHAT JEFFREY? YOU DIG THEIR GRAVES! DONT FUCKING DO IT OK?

I said: *i kept quite and threw my shoes back on and was going back outside to throw more water down...* Meanwhile he is yelling at me "JEFFREY DONT DO IT! DONT DO IT! DONT FUCKING DO IT! IM TELLING YOU DONT DO IT! LEAVE THE FUCKING WATER GO! LET THE CATS DIE! (and this goes on the whole while.... least till i get outside)

I was PISSED OFF! i threw 11 more buckets of water down and came back in.... as i came back up the stairs....

He said: Jeffrey im tired of this attitude shit... if you dont like this house you can go live somewhere else (he says this ALL the time)

I said: dad im sorry but you wouldent talk to me.... (i was pissed! but i acted sad)

He said: BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FUCKING ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DONT WANNA TAKE THE ASHES... YOU DONT PICK UP YOUR SHIT (which hes right about especially in my room haha... Im a little lazy on that... but he ment my bike.) YOU DONT TURN THE LIGHTS OFF! YOU HAVE TO BE CONSTENTLY REMINDED TO DO THE GARBAGE! (hes right here too but i always forget... its not that i dont wanna do it.... I really do try and remember) IM NOT HAVING THIS ANYMORE! YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN ILL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOU TO LEAVE!

This is where i drew the line..... I had ENOUGH! I deal with this (YOU HAVE AN ATTITUDE) thing ALL the time!

I said: *i yelled* YOU KNOW WHAT DAD! "YOU" HAVE THE ATTITUDE! DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO! GO TO THE MAGISTRATE I DONT CARE!

He said: (from here on its yelling) OH! GO TO THE MAGISTRATE!? I DONT NEED TO! YOU WILL BE OUT OF HERE TOMORROW! JUST WATCH AND SEE!

I said: HAH GOOD LUCK! IT TAKES ABOUT 30-45 DAYS!

He said: IT WILL TAKE A WEEK WATCH! YOU WILL BE "GONE" WAIT AND SEE!

I said: DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.

Thats pretty much all i can remember... at the end i was just so upset i had to get this attitude thing off my chest.... i gave him the attitude he always said i had. After all this my nerves were shot and i cried my eyes out... My friend witnessed all of this... the one im staying with... he even said i though you handled it like a man... he was treating you like a kid. He only met my parents 3 times for only minutes at a time and he saw what i had been dealing with for years.... How hard my dad is to talk to and how he treats me "AND" my sister like children. I am 22 and she is 19. We are NOT children.... This is the story.... hope you all get a better understand of what goes on in my life...

Thanks,
Jeff