Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goodbye to all. It was nice meeting everyone!

Hello everyone. I'd like to say goodbye to everyone. My life suddenly turned today when I came home and got an eviction notice... I have 10 days to move out of my house and I'm not sure where I am going to go...

I had alot of fun with all of you and made some friends... some of whom I'd like to meet someday. I'm not sure where ill endup in 10 days...if ill lose my job.... if ill lose all my stuff but ATM I am really depressed and I'm very unsure what to do.... Currently I don't have a vehicle or a home to go to... just the cold harsh streets and I have 1100$ cash in my bank plus 7500$ worth of stuff I can't carry.... I don't know what to do and I'm sorry for everyone to all who read this.... I just thought I would say farewell because I am not sure I will be back....

Thanks,
Jeff

It's always tough to hear about someone hitting a rough patch in life, but the vast majority of regular folks have had similar experiences at one time or another.

One thing I can say from experience is that once everything is cut and dried, once you've moved past this rut and have regained stability, you'll likely look back and see that things didn't go down as badly as you thought they would. Just keep your head in the game and always strive to improve upon your conditions, no matter what they are, and you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel before long.

All the best to you!!

Man, I don't know you practically nothing, but I would ask that you relax, calm down!!

why this must be mean the final? this is not the end man!!

There are many outs in life, don't rush, ;)

Good luck from Spain!

Last edited:
I wish you the best of luck as EF said keep your head up only thoes that think they are a winner
will win it's having a positive attitude that will get you through tough times I know it's worked for me !

Best wishes :wave:

daguin

It's just a bump in the road.

You are not done until you decide you are done.

There will be another place

We will see you another time

Peace,
dave

Don't really know what to say, I don't know you all that well but it sucks to be evicted and I hope it turns out for the best. Here's a song that might help:

Drew

Check the classifieds for someone who has a room to rent. That's what I would do if SHTF for me. Call in some favors, $1100 should get you by for a bit. Most of all: focus on what you need/can do to better your situation, and stay positive! Life is trying at times. If it wasn't, it would be to easy to take for granted.

Ash

Sorry to hear, but...
Why were you evicted?
Can you stay with family or friends while you find a new place?
Why do you think you may lose your job?
Do you have any intention of selling any of the $7500 worth of stuff you can't carry?

Wait, what? WHAT?

Hell no. It's impossible. Yesterday we were exchanging songs on MSN, today you're losing roof over your head?

What the hell... ?

I can't believe this.

What could possibly get you evicted on such a short notice? Drop by on MSN over your phone if you ever get the chance, if you read this ofcourse.

I'd like to take the time to thank everyone here for the support. I knew alot of you would post and I feel better now... I'd also like to say I currently have a roof over my head... a good friend of mine is letting me stay for a little while I just don't know how long and I am not going to stay too long and deplete or overstated my welcome... I did some research and I think there may be some things I can do legally to stop or events slow this down a bit to make enough time to get an apartment.... Again I thank you all for your kindness and support... You are all like the brothers and sisters I have never had :). I really hate to say goodbye but I'm not sure if a stay is possible so I am saying goodbye in the meantime. To give you all a brief info on what is going on... my "dad" biological not step PR anything.... We had an arguement a pretty sevear one.... He threatened my stay and with my stupidity I challenged him... alot was his fault and alot was mine... but since I am not the bill payer... I get the shit end... So my dad went to the magistrate today and got paperwork to evict me.... Legally I don't think he can because he is not the homeowner .... he rents... I pay him rent in cash... not much but that's a different thing.... Well legally again... I don't think he has a case to evict me in court.... tomorrow after work I will call an attorney to see what my rights are and if he can indeed proceed any further with this.... Edumonium... I did not want to bother you with my personal issues... I went online a little earlier but you were offline.... I'm sorry for posting this but I needed someone to talk to.... plus I love you all (no homo).

Again... I can't thank you all enough and ill keep everyone as up to date as I can....

Thanks,
Jeff

You have rights man, Sense it's you Home and you have lived there for some time, You can;t just get kicked out legally, you have to be given at least 30 days, and possibly more for your state laws. Check it out

But that living situation sounds bad anyways, so maybe it's time you found a place you can rent and live in, you said you have a job right, so Just stick to the grind and don't loose your job. You'll make it

Last edited:
Hey Jeff...

Sorry to hear that a pile of crap landed on you...
Sometimes it's better to say nothing and take the $hit talk
to keep that roof over your head (whether you're right or
wrong)...
It always looks the darkest when crap first happens... but as
you saw... your buddy is giving you a place to stay for a while..
It's already getting just a bit brighter..
Hang in there.... It's not like you have cancer or just became
paralyzed.. Your future is in YOUR hands...
If you need to talk you can always contact me...

Good luck and we need to see you back here...;)

Jerry

I'd like to take the time to thank everyone here for the support. I knew alot of you would post and I feel better now... I'd also like to say I currently have a roof over my head... a good friend of mine is letting me stay for a little while I just don't know how long and I am not going to stay too long and deplete or overstated my welcome... I did some research and I think there may be some things I can do legally to stop or events slow this down a bit to make enough time to get an apartment.... Again I thank you all for your kindness and support... You are all like the brothers and sisters I have never had :). I really hate to say goodbye but I'm not sure if a stay is possible so I am saying goodbye in the meantime. To give you all a brief info on what is going on... my "dad" biological not step PR anything.... We had an arguement a pretty sevear one.... He threatened my stay and with my stupidity I challenged him... alot was his fault and alot was mine... but since I am not the bill payer... I get the shit end... So my dad went to the magistrate today and got paperwork to evict me.... Legally I don't think he can because he is not the homeowner .... he rents... I pay him rent in cash... not much but that's a different thing.... Well legally again... I don't think he has a case to evict me in court.... tomorrow after work I will call an attorney to see what my rights are and if he can indeed proceed any further with this.... Edumonium... I did not want to bother you with my personal issues... I went online a little earlier but you were offline.... I'm sorry for posting this but I needed someone to talk to.... plus I love you all (no homo).

Again... I can't thank you all enough and ill keep everyone as up to date as I can....

Thanks,
Jeff

That sounds like subletting, and if he's not technically allowed to do that per terms of his rental agreement, he could possibly be sued by the homeowner for the money I believe. The best thing to do is definitely contact an attorney, as in some states oral agreements are legally binding, and if he agreed to let you stay in exchange for rent then you should be given 30 days. I'm no lawyer but I've learned some things, so you may have more of a foothold than you realize. It sounds like getting out of there would be a good idea though, if you're not getting along with your housemates. Hope this helps.