Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: 2$ copper modules ALL SIZES CLOSED

Lol I doubly that ;) if aluminum is ~150 then this being ~310 makes sense, ;) I think it's good but isn't pure copper aprox 355 (correct me if I'm wrong)

I saw that chart, they look like different units of measure to me? But the manufacturer also sai it's great for heat dissipation

Copper is usually around 400, Silver is 429 and Aluminum is around 240-250.

I'm still a little nervous about this. I can't find an alloy of copper that is 310 W/(m·K). China is notorious for fudging numbers. Is this from china?

Can you get an alloy from them? Or do you have an assurance that you can be refunded if this isn't copper?

I just hate to see a huge order of modules come in and turn out to be brass. Maybe I'm being over cautious here. Anyone else concerned or is the 310 number making everyone comfortable now?

:yh:

AnthoT

Copper is usually around 400, Silver is 429 and Aluminum is around 240-250.

I'm still a little nervous about this. I can't find an alloy of copper that is 310 W/(m·K). China is notorious for fudging numbers. Is this from china?

Can you get an alloy from them? Or do you have an assurance that you can be refunded if this isn't copper?

I just hate to see a huge order of modules come in and turn out to be brass. Maybe I'm being over cautious here. Anyone else concerned or is the 310 number making everyone comfortable now?

:yh:

Ok I've just gotten an aloy, it's C3600, it's a copper with aluminum alloy. If you find more accurate numbers I'll take yours. This can't be bad it's copper mixed with aluminum, mostly copper of course ;)Still looks like it definetly won't be brass

And as for the money back if this ends up being non copper then they said theill refund it but I'm confident theill be copper ;)

Last edited:
That's... not a copper alloy, as far as I know? o.o

If you meant C36000... that's bad news. That's brass, with a thermal conductivity of 115 W/(m-K).

Last edited:

AnthoT

That's... not a copper alloy, as far as I know? o.o

If you meant C36000... that's bad news. That's brass, with a thermal conductivity of 115 W/(m-K).

C3600 is brass! :eek: I'm going to speak with the manufacturer ASAP.
Theyres also C60600 copper, anyone know about that?

Last edited:
Yup -.- I knew this may have been too good to be true. Make sure you are getting one of these three alloys: C10100, C11000, or C14500.

AnthoT

Yup -.- I knew this may have been too good to be true. Make sure you are getting one of these three alloys: C10100, C11000, or C14500.

Ok I'm going to make sure it's one of those. Thanks for the indie wolfman you just saved us from getting brass instead of copper :beer:

I don't think C60600 is going to be any better: for pure copper, you want the low 10000 series.

Re: FEELER: 2$ copper diode modules ALL SIZES

polished brass looks like gold....

Sure thing so that's 4. Copper or aluminum I can only get the copper polished it looks sorta like gold though :cool:

Sure thing. Sorry it's from Japan... Not china though :crackup:

It looks like its going quick at this point. Copper or aluminum? ;) as soon as I get enough interest I'll order them and they'll get to me in 15 days then I'll ship them to everyone. So depending how long it takes to fill up It can be as little as 20 days or 3 weeks, but it really depends

AnthoT

I don't think C60600 is going to be any better: for pure copper, you want the low 10000 series.

Manufacturer said C10100, C11000, or C14500 is no problem :D
Thank god you told me just in time ;)

G'night everyone ;)

I'm glad I said something. If anyone wants to look up any info from Pontiacg5 (3.8mm thread). He had mentioned the alloy to me. Pure copper is harder to machine, and may thus be more expensive, if not for the higher costs of the material itself. Also check with Jayrob, I think his "copper" units may be an alloy as well.

payment sent!

I really hope I will get copper modules, if they are something worse than aluminum I would like a refund :(