Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

FS: Complete Modules.

I'm pretty sure a 9V won't hold well under a load, especially using a 405nm like the PHR-803T. I could be wrong...

what do you mean it won't hold well under a load? what would that cause? Because at first I was getting some flickering, but it's mostly gone now. I assumed it might be the battery...

what do you mean it won't hold well under a load? what would that cause? Because at first I was getting some flickering, but it's mostly gone now. I assumed it might be the battery...

I'm pretty new at all of this... I was reading somewhere that it wasnt the best power source to get the most out of your laser. However, I can't find where I read that now so, maybe 9V is the way to go.

Maybe somebody that knows more can shed some light on this?

EDIT: Here is the post by rckstr where I read that info...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/micro-drive-laser-driver-rkcstr-22553-31.html#post588954

Last edited:
I'm not blaming it on you jayrob.. it's fine.. but hey it's free shipping and cheap so hey.. it's a good deal if your patient... how many people have ordered the host from you now jayrob?

Must have been a couple of years ago now that I started making heatsinks for the 3405 that I introduced... and also the 4171 that DDL showed. (but he was not selling heatsinks)

I stopped counting heatsinks after a couple of hundred. That was with-in the first year I believe.

But since then, I have added many other kits and stuff, so I really don't try to keep track anymore. Just try to keep stock! :)

Just answering questions. I don't want to threadjack Mohrenberg's thread too much...

But he will get used to it from everybody, because these AixiZ modules with rkcstr driver, plus diodes pre-installed are really a hot item. And at this price, this thread will continue to get a ton of attention for as long as Mohrenberg keeps them coming!

Last edited:
Would it be possible to get a lpc set at 380mA, or close to it? Maybe if I paid a little bit extra for a variable current driver?

Yes, They can be set at whatever current you want. Just let me know in the payment comments.

hey Mohrenberg, how are you ?
sent you a PM a week ago and you didn't replied, or received it ...

and yes, a big Hello ! to everyone here :)

What will happen if i do over 12v for like a second on the phr module i bought from you

What will happen if i do over 12v for like a second on the phr module i bought from you

3 X 10440's won't hurt a rkcstr/blu-ray build. As soon as you turn it on, it will drop below 12 volts.

I also asked rkcstr about this and he agreed that it would be fine...

Does the same apply for the LOC LPC red diode with a rckstr drive?

3 X 10440's won't hurt a rkcstr/blu-ray build. As soon as you turn it on, it will drop below 12 volts.

I also asked rkcstr about this and he agreed that it would be fine...

Yes I would say so, because with that diode, you will still be drawing over 400mA's from the batteries. And that will make them drop below 12 volts very quickly...

That makes sense, now I just hve to find a way to quick swap modules out of your host since everything I have will work off 3 x 10440's.

I don't want to thread jack moh's again, but.. How long will the batteries last? An hour or more? With the phr module

It's just a matter of how much capacity the batteries actually have. Figure about 500mAh's.

If your diode is set at 125mA's, you can figure 4 hrs. But we know that the 10440's do not have the capcity that they are rated. But even still, I'm sure you will get a couple of hours easily in a 3 X 10440/rkcstr blu-ray build...

That makes sense, now I just have to find a way to quick swap modules out of your host since everything I have will work off 3 x 10440's.

I have a jayrob MXDL host that I can change from red to blu on the fly.
Both the blu and the red module have a small spring mounted on the bottom, insulated by a small rubber washer.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-mxdl-host-heatsink-combo-4171-3405-a-22512-4.html#post606037
24094d1257710198-fs-mxdl-host-heatsink-combo-4171-3405-3.jpg

That's a pretty slick idea...

But obviously you have to understand how to get the ground to the driver properly.

On the 3405's, there is a rubber washer at the host retaining ring, so to get the host making good contact with the heatsink, you would file the top of the host where the heatsink will be touching. (widest point of the heatsink)

And then, as long as you have your driver wired properly for this set up, your good to go...

Your not using the pill at all correct?

Back