Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

YOU SAY you like laser & shows-- READ THIS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remember that PL needs your donation just as much as LPF, if not more.

:crackup::crackup::crackup: Sorry, had to laugh at that one. With all the shit they talk about us I wouldn't donate a nickel.

??US?? SOME THERE ARE NOT FOND OF IDIOTS WITH POINTERS DOING STUPID THINGS so that leaves me out of 'US'---- where you fit in, IDK.

Do you want me to quote posts of them openly bashing us (LPF)?

People like Diode Virgin, Bob Hess, LSRFAQ, and plenty more. Its widely known they dont like us, they dont like n00bs, and they dont like pointers. So why should we help them?

flecom

Do you want me to quote posts of them openly bashing us (LPF)?

People like Diode Virgin, Bob Hess, LSRFAQ, and plenty more. Its widely known they dont like us, they dont like n00bs, and they dont like pointers. So why should we help them?

because we love lasers and we don't want things like this:

‪445nm burning Laser Glove Mk III‬‏ - YouTube

‪DIY BURNING Laser Gauntlet 2 Watts‬‏ - YouTube

to get them outlawed or additional laws against lasers passed...

but ya, if the comments from a handful of people will get you to write off an entire community and a vast amount of knowledge thats your prerogative

also everyone was a "noob" at some point.. nobody was born knowing everything

Last edited:
That guy lives in Germany, and I think his ideas of integrating lasers into art is amazing. His finished products are in a class by themselves. He didnt just tape a laser onto a toy glove, and try to sell them. You'd have a point if that was the case. He also clearly says they are not toys, and to always wear eye protections. Kipkay would be a better example to use. That moron is a worst threat than anyone. He thinks they are toys, and tells millions of people about it. We had to go on a crusade just to get him to promote using goggles.

I'm not writing anyone off. I just wont help people who talk behind my back. Would you? I've even seen Lenny say he has to watch what he says over there, or its a flame fest. Many other members have said the same thing. A vast amount of knowledge is really no good if you have tip toe around, and watch what you say to find it.

And no matter where you go there will always be a percentage of losers. We welcome EVERYONE in hopes to educate them. Ignoring, or brushing away problems will not help anyone. You are also allowed to speak freely here on pointers, projectors, and anything else laser related. This is obviously not the case on PL. How are you going to change peoples habits by flaming them, and kicking them out the door? How are you going to educate if you are only allowed to talk about certain things? I get it, its an elitists club, which is OK. But dont ask for help from the lesser crowed, that would be bounced out the door in under 10 post. If you want their money then you have to accept everyone, like we do.

BTW I dont see your name in our donation list Flecom. :thinking:

flecom

That guy lives in Germany, and I think his ideas of integrating lasers into art is amazing. His finished products are in a class by themselves. He didnt just tape a laser onto a toy glove, and try to sell them. You'd have a point if that was the case. He also clearly says they are not toys, and to always wear eye protections. Kipkay would be a better example to use. That moron is a worst threat than anyone. He thinks they are toys, and tells millions of people about it. We had to go on a crusade just to get him to promote using goggles.

I'm not writing anyone off. I just wont help people who talk behind my back. Would you? I've even seen Lenny say he has to watch what he says over there, or its a flame fest. Many other members have said the same thing. A vast amount of knowledge is really no good if you have tip toe around, and watch what you say to find it.

And no matter where you go there will always be a percentage of losers. We welcome EVERYONE in hopes to educate them. Ignoring, or brushing away problems will not help anyone. You are also allowed to speak freely here on pointers, projectors, and anything else laser related. This is obviously not the case on PL. How are you going to change peoples habits by flaming them, and kicking them out the door? How are you going to educate if you are only allowed to talk about certain things? I get it, its an elitists club, which is OK. But dont ask for help from the lesser crowed, that would be bounced out the door in under 10 post. If you want their money then you have to accept everyone, like we do.

BTW I dont see your name in our donation list Flecom. :thinking:

say what you will be integrating lasers into toys, regardless of warnings, still makes them toys... which they are definitely not... and it gives people the wrong idea... remember most people on youtube that see this stuff have no idea about laser safety

also I find this whole concept of talking behind backs interesting... considering that all this stuff is on the internet... for anyone to read

and no, I have not donated money to LPF, whats your point?

Last edited:
He hand crafts those, and all his other projects. Its truly art. I highly doubt the majority of people could replicate his art. Why should he hide it? Because some kid may glue a laser on a glove??? They already make a few.

And his prices are well over $400, so I dont see too many kids in line to buy one. But they can buy a high power projector off ebay for a few hundred. So whats the difference? Projectors are toys too. I'm sure you have fun building, altering, programing, upgrading, and displaying your projectors. They are your "babies"...right? They are obviously adult toys, and so are the gloves he made. It was not his original idea, but it was an original design. There is no way you can call his art a kids toy.

About the donations, I was making a point that not too many PL to LPF crossovers donate to this forum. I cant even find one. So why should we donate to their forum?

Sorry, I just think soliciting donations for PL on here is a joke. If you tried to solicit donation for LPF on PL you'd be laughed off the forum. And you know thats true.

Last edited:

flecom

He hand crafts those, and all his other projects. Its truly art. I highly doubt the majority of people could replicate his art. Why should he hide it? Because some kid may glue a laser on a glove??? They already make a few.

And his prices are well over $400, so I dont see too many kids in line to buy one. But they can buy a high power projector off ebay for a few hundred. So whats the difference? Projectors are toys too. I'm sure you have fun building, altering, programing, upgrading, and displaying your projectors. They are your "babies"...right? They are obviously adult toys, and so are the gloves he made. It was not his original idea, but it was an original design. There is no way you can call his art a kids toy.

About the donations, I was making a point that not too many PL to LPF crossovers donate to this forum. I cant even find one. So why should we donate to their forum?

Sorry, I just think soliciting donations for PL on here is a joke. If you tried to solicit donation for LPF on PL you'd be laughed off the forum. And you know thats true.

a big box with warning labels (yes, even the chinese ones have warning labels) is a little different from something that looks like a spider-man prop...

and the pre-existing laser gloves pretty clearly state (even in that video) 4.95mW... vs 1W

and when did I solicit donations? for the record I don't have a paid subscription to PL either

DJZ

For what it's worth, I've donated to this forum a couple times. It's been quite a few months since my last donation here, not for any reason onther than being lazy about it. I use to donate monthly on PL but turned that off a while ago. I just can't stand the idea of automatic recurring withdrawals from my account. Next time I donate to PL I'll send the same amount here as well. I support both forums, there are idiots with laser projectors and there are idiots with pointers. I enjoy both worlds I guess.

Last edited:
I enjoy both too, but I'm pretty sure I'd be banned 10 seconds after I joined, LMAO. My reputation precedes me. :eg:

@ Flecon. Hak was soliciting. Thats what started the debate.

flecom

I enjoy both too, but I'm pretty sure I'd be banned 10 seconds after I joined, LMAO. My reputation precedes me. :eg:

@ Flecon. Hak was soliciting. Thats what started the debate.

ah didn't see that... we really dont even solicit over there so, you know, take it for whatever its worth...

but ya, if you come over I really doubt you would get banned... we are a self-moderated community and very very few people have been banned over the years I have been there... some even adjusted their attitudes and rejoined the ranks

seriously its not a scary place, LPF is the place to ask about pointer stuff, PL is the place to ask about laser show stuff, drivers, diodes, optics, scanners, DAC's and wiring and all that... and a lot of stuff overlaps LPF and PL, theres a lot of useful information about diodes here, "lab" modules etc... thats why I come here... theres a lot of good people/info here...

although you must admit, LPF is kind of a "bug zapper" for laser idiots... like the 445 self-tattooing guy... although you guys did a good enough job of verbally assaulting him for being a moron lol... we get a lot less of that over there since PL is a bit more "obscure" I guess... nobody searches for "Photon Lexicon" on google :D

whats this other forum you guys are talking about and is there any website for the event in north carolina or atleast some where i can get more information on it?

whats this other forum you guys are talking about and is there any website for the event in north carolina or atleast some where i can get more information on it?

Try reading the first post in the thread. I know it's long, but come on, don't be that lazy.

The other forum is Photonlexicon.

Ignore the nay-sayers= most of us do.
I am glad we at LPF are not judged by the few haters and morons we have here.
and FYI my 'solicitation' was the same I would say about any free forum that is helpful-- they all need donations- I give to all who help me that way.

haters and morons we have here.

Len I already wrote you an apology. If you want to throw names around I can easily make it my mission to screw with you at every turn. Its really no effort for me. Learn to let things go brother, its not helping your cause.

Try reading the first post in the thread. I know it's long, but come on, don't be that lazy.

The other forum is Photonlexicon.

i did read the first post i was looking for more information than that dont worry i got what i needed from someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.