Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow Laser finally after 25 years...

tinkertavernco

Pretty cool to see yellows finally going mainstream. I was shocked back in March when I heard that cheap yellows were going to be a thing, it’s awesome to see them getting popularized a bit.

Interestingly we got a huge surge in purchases for our yellows thanks to that video, even though we weren’t the ones who built the lasers they tested.

Probably because your one of only a few USA based sellers of this wavelegth (atleast I think so). Whenever I'm shopping online I'll almost always go with a US based seller even if it's more expensive simply because I hate the shipping times from China

Pretty cool to see yellows finally going mainstream. I was shocked back in March when I heard that cheap yellows were going to be a thing, it’s awesome to see them getting popularized a bit.

Interestingly we got a huge surge in purchases for our yellows thanks to that video, even though we weren’t the ones who built the lasers they tested.
Next is a laser that outputs at 577nm for a true yellow laser.
Just a thought on your current yellows you sell. A pointer using AA size batteries.

tinkertavernco

Next is a laser that outputs at 577nm for a true yellow laser.
Just a thought on your current yellows you sell. A pointer using AA size batteries.

We actually have plans to make a limited series of 57_ nm “banana yellow” units in the relatively near future! However it will be a pretty big risk because our module sources are very firm about quantity.

If there is enough interest, we might actually go fully custom with some damascus steel hosts or similar.

This is next on our list after our website launches this month, though I still have to get to 20 posts (sigh) to talk much more about that.

As for AA sized pointers, I’m personally a big fan of them, but they are in a weird “middle ground” of size that’s not very easy to market. I’ll still see what I can do though!

The LED (& Laser) Museum

I remember getting a 593.5nm "amber yellow" laser in late-summer 2004 (09-16-04) and thinking that the color was the dog's bollocks. :cool:
I got a 561nm chartreuse (very yellowish-green) laser on 08-03-23 and am still somewhat floored by the color. :love:

We actually have plans to make a limited series of 57_ nm “banana yellow” units in the relatively near future! However it will be a pretty big risk because our module sources are very firm about quantity.

As for AA sized pointers, I’m personally a big fan of them, but they are in a weird “middle ground” of size that’s not very easy to market. I’ll still see what I can do though!

I'd be very happy to get a few modules in the 570 nm range when they are available. I'm guessing you're referring to modules around 20 mm diameter. These are just fine for me since I'm machining my own hosts these days.

tinkertavernco

I'd be very happy to get a few modules in the 570 nm range when they are available. I'm guessing you're referring to modules around 20 mm diameter. These are just fine for me since I'm machining my own hosts these days.
Yep, they will be 20mm or so. How many do you think you would you be interested in?

I can set up a group buy thread in a few days. Unfortunately the pricing for these modules is going to be a bit higher than they were in the early days, but it’s not too bad. Still much cheaper than getting 589s from CNI!

What's the projected output range ( mw ) because I will want 1 or more 570's depending on the output.

tinkertavernco

What's the projected output range ( mw ) because I will want 1 or more 570's depending on the output.
These will be around 30mW, from what I understand. I may be able to push my source to get a bit more power out of them though - will ask about it on October 7 after they get back from their holiday break.

kecked

I will take at least three if they are 575-578 range. I have been looking for this wavelength range in an affordable package for a very long time. Hoping they modulate well too for use in laser projectors. 30mw will be fine as I can pbs two for 60mw.

Yep, they will be 20mm or so. How many do you think you would you be interested in?

I can set up a group buy thread in a few days. Unfortunately the pricing for these modules is going to be a bit higher than they were in the early days, but it’s not too bad. Still much cheaper than getting 589s from CNI!

How many will mostly depend on cost, so I'll have to wait and see. Likely 3 if I can, more if the price is right.
30 mW sounds nice but I'm assuming these don't include IR filters (based on what I've seen from the other 593, 561, and 570 nm modules).
I'll keep an eye out for the thread!

If there is enough interest, we might actually go fully custom with some damascus steel hosts or similar.

This is next on our list after our website launches this month, though I still have to get to 20 posts (sigh) to talk much more about that.

The reason I asked is I'd like a laser pointer that has a greater reserve of power to operate for a longer intermittent time- triple A's run out sooner. Or perhaps another type of battery. Personally Iike a larger form factor presented by AA's or 18650... types or some such. I own a Jetlaser and Sanwu.

Last edited:

tinkertavernco

The reason I asked is I'd like a laser pointer that has a greater reserve of power to operate for a longer intermittent time- triple A's run out sooner. Or perhaps another type of battery. Personally Iike a larger form factor presented by AA's or 18650... types or some such. I own a Jetlaser abd Sanwu.
For sure! We do plan on putting the new yellow modules in an 18650 size host so you are in luck. Smaller battery sizes would just be a bit too small for the larger module.

The LED (& Laser) Museum

I'd love one, but my sister (whom I live with entirely for medical reasons would absolutely forbid it. Even the 593.5nm yellow laser pen that I'm expecting today is at risk of being confiscated and chucked into the dustbin (garbage can); I'm prepared to sacrifice this laser pen and the storage case for this laser in order to save the new one. 😰