Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow 573nm DPSS Laser Modules

One of my suppliers can get me the new 573nm modules at a very reasonable price. However, the minimum order from the "crystal factory" is 50pcs. If enough people were interested we could do a group buy but I'm not sure I want that many right now. I also feel like they are going to become a lot more available in the next few months just like the 593.5nm modules did. I feel like once the mass producing Chinese laser pointer companies start buying them they will be everywhere.

That's what I'm betting on and as I plan to pot mod to the max, I would rather buy them at the most frugal price.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
One of my suppliers can get me the new 573nm modules at a very reasonable price. However, the minimum order from the "crystal factory" is 50pcs. If enough people were interested we could do a group buy but I'm not sure I want that many right now. I also feel like they are going to become a lot more available in the next few months just like the 593.5nm modules did. I feel like once the mass producing Chinese laser pointer companies start buying them they will be everywhere.
Well if correct, this would be great news. As for the GB, how much roughly are we looking at for a module?

Nice! I got my bare 573nm module from Tinker last week and I'm just staring at it wishing I could cram it into a pen laser

Well if correct, this would be great news. As for the GB, how much roughly are we looking at for a module?
My cost is $100/ea +shipping. There would likely be a bit of a lead time since the factory has to produce the crystals and then they need to be assembled into the modules. There would have to be quite a few interested people because I don't want more than like 25 or 30 for myself.

I'm assuming the modules are the same size as the 593.5nm and similar modules which do fit in pen size hosts.

Nice! I got my bare 573nm module from Tinker last week and I'm just staring at it wishing I could cram it into a pen laser
Can you share a pic?

I'm assuming the modules are the same size as the 593.5nm and similar modules which do fit in pen size hosts.

12mm modules would be amazing!

PIC-0042.jpg

IMG-6314.jpg

IMG-6316.jpg

IMG-6317.jpg

On the back of the module the positive lead attaches to the module via the small screw while the negative wire goes inside through a hole. The small hole on the back of the module is tapped and I can see the bottom of a screw that I am assuming is securing a C-mount pump diode.

IMG-6318.jpg

IMG-6319.jpg

My cost is $100/ea +shipping. There would likely be a bit of a lead time since the factory has to produce the crystals and then they need to be assembled into the modules. There would have to be quite a few interested people because I don't want more than like 25 or 30 for myself.

Can you share a pic?

Really!? They will want $5000 plus shipping for these?

shipping is probably negligible at that point, but still that's a pretty big commitment for a small business. I'm in for two, if they are 12mm or smaller. Any bigger - something that wouldn't be pen sized - isn't that interesting to me.

tinkertavernco

Can you share a pic?
It should not be possible for these modules to be 12mm. We were told by our sources that 18mm was the minimum size due to the type of diode used for pumping the crystal array.

Must be because of either a B or C-mount pump diode. Shouldn't it be possible to use a 5.6 or 9mm in its place if the module were redesigned?

Encap

Not to mention the obvious legal, economic, and business realities e.g. cost, profit, market and real world demand for same compared to other products and wavelengths.

Last edited:
12mm modules would be amazing!

PIC-0042.jpg

IMG-6314.jpg

IMG-6316.jpg

IMG-6317.jpg

On the back of the module the positive lead attaches to the module via the small screw while the negative wire goes inside through a hole. The small hole on the back of the module is tapped and I can see the bottom of a screw that I am assuming is securing a C-mount pump diode.

IMG-6318.jpg

IMG-6319.jpg
Great pics, thanks!