Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XJ-A150 News

There is a good chance that they are the same. Maybe binned a little higher or driven at like 1.1W instead of 1W. But they did say they tweaked the frequency a bit. And there may even be some better trinkets inside the projector as well. Possibly better lenses, stronger LED, ect.

^ This, even if the wavelength doesn't change, if they figured out a way to correct the square shape with just one lens then it'd be worth it.

^ This, even if the wavelength doesn't change, if they figured out a way to correct the square shape with just one lens then it'd be worth it.

The fast and slow axes have different focal lengths. The only way to correct the beam is to correct each axis individually.
A spheric/aspheric lens alone will not be enough. It's probably not very high on C@$!0's list of priorities.

Last edited:

Morgan

I don't think they would address the fast and slow axes individually here. There's no point for them to correct the beam as it's only really being used as a light source and put through a diffuser anyway.

It would be nice to see if they have a better single lens in front of the diode itself but again, I doubt it'll be different.

I still have everything crossed this is actually built for us though and not as a product to view presentations or TV! That would be very selfish of K@$10! :tinfoil:

M
:)

DTR

I will send the lens that goes over the diode with them.:beer:

So what kind of diode are people hoping to 'harvest' from these?

Sounds like to get green light they are passing blue light through some sort of phosphor, rather like how white LEDs pass the light from a blue diode through a phosphor to make white.

They're reflecting the 445nm light from the diodes off a spinning phosphor coated wheel to make the green.

Not through it- the green phospher is on a wheel and a section of the 445 array hits that wheel and it gets VERY bright even with just one diode on it. The diodes are likely still 445nm but they prolly have changed the composition of the phospher to achieve a better green. @Flogged-- it might take some digging and searching but most of this has already been talked about.. ASAWK this projector, being new, has not been opened yet by any members.

*Crosses fingers, biting lower lip in anticipation*

Man I wish I could chip in, but my laser budget is used up till January. :yabbem: Thanks for taking the plunge for the rest of us.

DJNY

Why hasn´t someone informations or emailed Casio about these? :thinking:

If we see a new WL here, that would be awesome.

DTR

*Crosses fingers, biting lower lip in anticipation*

Man I wish I could chip in, but my laser budget is used up till January. :yabbem: Thanks for taking the plunge for the rest of us.

No problem. I don't think even with the worst case scenario that I will loose much money. But the community has give a lot to me so it is all good.;)

Plus I am curious as hell.:eg:

daguin

Why hasn´t someone informations or emailed Casio about these? :thinking:

If we see a new WL here, that would be awesome.

Casio is actively distancing itself from any aspect of having these diodes removed. They don't like us right now. ;)

I do not believe that these are new diodes. Everything they are claiming for this projector can be accomplished in other, cheaper, ways.

Remember, the A150 series was scheduled to be released at the same time as the A130 and A140 series. They canceled it at that time. They have apparently overcome whatever issue was keeping them from getting 3000 lumen out of the array. That is all I see here.

Peace,
dave

^^^ thats what I said.

and thanks for the reminder to donate in your SIG Dave-- last day to get in for this month--anybody care to join me???

BTW if you noticed that we are over our goal by a few $$ and are thinking it is not needed --think again-- there have been months where we came up short and the forum has been there for us all the time--$2 is less than what is under your couch cushions and in your cars ashtray-- SOOOO what are YOU waiting for..my dos centavos--hk

Last edited:
I called C*sio once a long time ago-- never again - at least not about anything to do with thier projectors-- trust me- they prolly all have a memo to direct all calls about the XJ-A series to a 'special' desk. And it is being recorded for more than quality assurance. I think I ended up speaking to the 'C*sio police' head detective. He wanted to know WAY too much info about me and gave me zip about the projector parts. And this happened way back after the first diodes were being harvested.
just sayin'.....

Last edited:

DTR

Last edited:
Its a logical question but a waste of time. I plan to give the short answer from now on----search

More importantly...

We need to know if the newer XJs are more difficult to harvest and if there is a diode change. Since the 130s are afaik no longer being made -- that may now be the best one to buy- no surprizes.