Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: For the Love of Dog, I need a 1.6A Boost Driver!

Thanks Jander! I haven't attempted something like that before. Do you mean to literally bridge right across the pads from the removed pot?

DTR

Those pots are real sensitive and I will say it would be hard for me to warranty something like that but you can give it a try with him.

I have busted a few in my day as well. They really do take a very delicate touch. What kind of tool are you using to turn the pot? I have never seen one break from doing multiturns but with slightly too much pressure applied they can go pretty easy.

Yep 17mm. I was saving the driver but if you really need it. I had been saving it as I don't think he ever did offer them for sale. I also prewired it as well.:)

Last edited:
Yep. That will do it. If it's the pot and not somtin else.

I will, of course, re-do the solder bridge just for BPM, but I am certain the pot is shot. I will give that a try and measure the output.

Those pots are real sensitive and I will say it would be hard for me to warranty something like that but you can give it a try with him.

I have busted a few in my day as well. They really do take a very delicate touch. What kind of tool are you using to turn the pot? I have never seen one break from doing multiturns but with slightly too much pressure applied they can go pretty easy.

Yep 17mm. I was saving the driver but if you really need it. I had been saving it as I don't think he ever did offer them for sale. I also prewired it as well.:)

Jordan, if this will work in my Kryton, I will take it ONLY if you can do without it. If you want to hold onto it until I remove the pot and test it then, then by all means, do. PM me an offer is you can really do without it. Oh, and the tool I used was a lightweight, small flathead that I ground down the head just for tuning pots. It's worked on 4 drivers so far..

Last edited:
DTR you are a man amongst men when it comes to soldering boards. You hands must be tinned to do the precision soldering jobs I've seen!